carol m

Collab: Live the dream or True Believer etc

Not sure if I've posted this before - I found it in my 'Not yet uploaded to GFB' file, so anyway....

All the usual things apply: anyone can have a go: chop, change, add, delete, switch around etc anything you want, so it fits into your music.

It does not matter at all if you are a beginner, or think 'you can't sing' - have a go, anyway - this site is a completely 'safe' way to experiment (we are never nasty or critical, mostly because most of us are pretty crap too!).

It doesn't matter if someone else has already had a go, multiple versions are always good. If you don't want to upload your efforts here, just do it at home, for yourself, as an experiment, and see how you go.

Strum a few chords and find a sequence/progression that you like, find a rhythm/beat that you like that you can fit some version of these lyrics into. Add more verses, or a bridge - change anything you like. in any way you like, and see how you go. Good luck.

This is the story -

The telling of a dream

How a man met a woman

And learned to live clean

Sometimes things don’t turn out right

And dreams get old on long cold nights

The woman ain’t around no more

(And) The man forgot to dream the (his/their) dream

chorus

I am the true believer –

(That) Love can save us all

But it ain’t easy, living clean -

To live within a dream

Sometimes I cannot figure out

Why all my life it seems

I do my best, and try real hard

But cannot live the dream

Living clean ain’t easy

When love is not around

When the dream that we have lived for

Lies trampled, broken on the ground

But,

I am the true believer

(That) love can save us all

But it ain’t easy, living clean -

To live within a dream

Yes I just noticed that too - I've been checking through my old posts. Sorry about that. I'll look again tomorrow.

Do you have an idea/theme to write a song about?

Hey Carol :)

what about something based on a quote ? - "all necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilised, all boredom amused."

or i could record a bit of music and see if it inspires any lyrics or theme....

Paul...........

Hi Paul, I've just seen your reply.

OK. I'll see what I can do with the quote. Where is it from? Is it OK to mash it up a bit (keep the phrases but break them up into each line) if that's what works better.

OK, I Googled the quote: it's from the movie Network - I haven't seen it but wikipedia gives me an idea of 'the message' - that makes a difference to any lyrics I can work out.

I turns out that this is the movie of, "I'm Mad as Hell and I'm not going to take it any more!" - I"ve seen that scene alright. I'll see what I can do. We have a satirical news TV program here called Mad as Hell with Shaun Micallef on the

ABC here, there might be clips on Youtube.

Idea!

How about some other members (yes ,YOU!) have a go as well and post your ideas here online i.e. Make it a Collab - could be interesting and a useful 'practice' for lyric writing. Now's your chance people - your new career as songwriter beckons........ :yes: