Clancy

Welcome Back

After a few weeks of issues with our site being hacked multiple times we've finally upgraded the forum and all should be up and running again now.

If you have any issues with anything not working as it should, let me know and I'll look into it. Also if there are any features that are missing, let me know that too.

Welcome back to all and thanks for your patience.

Clancy

• Like 2

Hi Clancy,

The only thing I've noticed is when playing back YouTube videos, they appear to be a little jerky especially at the top of the screen. I also went to YouTube and the same videos played fine. Every thing else appears to be working fine. Thank you for all your efforts in getting the forum back up and running.

Mike

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

Do you mean the youtube videos here on the forum or on the lesson pages? Could you maybe give me a link to one that's not playing well?

Thanks for the feedback.

Clancy

Hi Clancy,

Yes, the YouTube videos here on the forum. I just looked at several lesson videos and they look fine. Here a link to one of the YouTube videos here on the forum:

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/topic/28887-sum-41-the-hell-song-guitar-cover/

Here's another one:

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/topic/28614-green-day-when-i-come-around-cover/

It looks like they may be skipping frames. The audio sounds good though.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the links. Can I ask you what browser and OS you are using. The Youtube videos play fine for me in Firefox but there's obviously something going on.

Clancy

Hi Clancy.

Noticed the 'Warning Points'. I've not accumulated any points (yet).... phew. :sweatdrop

Just curious.... Whats it for anyway?

FG

Yeah, you better watch it FG!

Actually I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out. I think you can warn members if they do something that goes against the rules and if they reach a certain amount of points then their account is automatically banned.

Hi Clancy,

I'm using Firefox 36.0 and Windows 7.

Mike

I don't know Mike. It's hard to say what is happening. I am on Windows 7 and use Firefox and they play ok for me. I also checked on my daughter's laptop and it works there.

Sorry not to be of more help.

Clancy

Hi Clancy,

I finally figured out the flickering video problem I was having with YouTube videos using Firefox. If anyone else is having this problem, here is the fix:

Go to Tools on the Menu Bar ==> click on Options ==> Click on Advanced ==> Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available

Hope this help anyone having this problem.

Mike

Thanks for that Mike. Mine works ok and that setting is ticked. Who knows why these things work on some computers and not others but glad you got it sorted out.

Cheers,

Clancy