natxo

Online Guitar Bootcamps? Feedback needed!

Hi guys,

I had trouble following online guitar lessons because there were so many of them that I jumped from one lesson to another, trying to learn as much as I could in the shortest amount of time, but I didn't improve that much after all.

To be fair, I also slacked off on practice. Mainly because I had no one to hold me accountable (like a teacher or a partner).

Last September, I took lessons with an old friend of mine that has a lot of experience as a guitar teacher and also as a touring/session musician. For the past 3 months, I have been taking lessons with him, and we have developed a roadmap to keep me focused and also ACCOUNTABLE, meaning that he tells me off if I don't meet the deadlines. So I now practice WAY more to avoid the reprimand hehe.

It is working really well for me, so I thought that this is something that would work for others. I've been thinking about partnering with my teacher to build a 3-month guitar bootcamp, in which the student will get custom made video lessons aimed towards what he wants to play or master (be it technique, style, etc...), as well as one-to-one guidance and, most importantly, we'll hold him accountable.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this project to know if that's something anyone would be interested in.