spirittoo

Buzzing on low E string

spirittoo    1

I got another email from Mr. Levesque and was told by him it doesn't matter if I bought the guitar there or not they are the authorize dealer and have to work on the guitar ... I just need to bring in my receipt. Now apparently the guys that looked at the guitar were not the tech ... he is only there on Tuesdays and Friday. I was there Saturday ... so is there a chance they could be wrong? I'm taking it back tomorrow and see what he says. If it defective it will be fixed by Fender at the World of Music. I don't know why the sales guys told me they don't work on guitars that was not purchase through the store but apparently that isn't the case. I will update again when I have more information.

JanVigne    27

"I don't know why the sales guys told me they don't work on guitars that was not purchase through the store but apparently that isn't the case."

'Cause, they're the sales guys. I worked in sales for 30 years and can testify to the fact they ain't always the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Good luck with the tech.

spirittoo    1

Well sir ... back from World of Music in Eire Pa. And the tech told me there is a fret problem with the guitar and Fender will most likely not allow him to fix it because Fender doesn't cover frets ... the tech told me it would cost more than the price of the guitar to fix it. ... they will probably just replace the guitar. He wasn't able to reach Mr. Levesque so he left a message so I should be hearing something soon. I will keep you guys informed.

OT I got to check out some of the 1 to 3000 dollar guitars. It was nice ... they have a very rich tone to them. I'm sure that is because of the material used. Those are the guitars the pros buy..

eddiez152    129

Now you have learned a lot about guitars, warranties and "BS". Go to the store and pick out the best one thats fits your budget, your style, your music, be happy.