sheraton

New tools ;)

How'do folks ;)

i've no been around these parts for a while - had a bit of a busy summer working - Got myself a new Guitar and a few other new tools in the last couple of weeks tho... :D

Gibson LPJ ;) every bit a Les Paul, but without the ridiculous price tag - it has a 50's neck profile (maple too - which is a bonus to my mind) and traditional weight relief - so it's nice n weighty :)

Laney Cub15 head - inexpensive valve head from Laney - 15w with a "less than 1w" input - great for recording

also got a couple of new pedals - Akai Fuzz, Mooer Octave, T.C electronic Ditto looper :)

and i picked up a used Yamaha erg...something or other....for my niece Robyn who has started to play - she turned 14 last month and i got her an epiphone dove acoustic for her birthday - i got this Yamaha for £15 needed cleaned up and a couple of repairs and a set-up - plays and sounds great now :)

i've not had a proper chance to get to grips with my new tools - i fell off a skateboard and tweaked my wrist just before leaving to go to the Guitar shop.....lol......

post-76128-0-16245500-1413058486.jpg

post-76128-0-91430900-1413058687.jpg

post-76128-0-74664200-1413061169.jpg

post-76128-0-15953000-1413061396.jpg

Paul........

Nice looking LP Paul,

good to see you back. Love the hypnotic design on the speaker cabinet. Just can't stop staring...

Good looking setup, have fun! Leave the sk8boards to the younger boys!?!

Cheers pH

Aye - sk8boards are a dangerous temptation ;)

this cab is my old Marshall JCM800 cab - i ripped the vinyl off years back and sprayed the speaker mesh ;)

i'll hopefully have some sounds recorded soon :)

Paul.............

Hey Paul, glad to see you again, but....what happened to your Sheraton.... Sheraton? :) - the guitar you said you would never sell??

How'do Carol ;) it's nice to have time to get back on here and start catchin up

don't panic......i still have the Sheraton :) i had been workin a lot and thought it's about time i invested in a decent new Guitar - my old Sheraton is a bit tired these days, she could do with a re-fret....... i thought it'd be nice to have something new and untouched......and i've always fancied a Les Paul ;)

i was putting in a lot of hours working so the spend is justified :D ...........it may be luck that i did, as since i bought the Guitar - i've had no work ....lol....typical....at least i have a new noise maker :)

hope all is well down your way :)

proof of life for the Sheraton ;)

post-76128-0-88834000-1413076075.jpg

Paul..........

Hi sheraton,

Nice to have you back in here again.

That is a very nice looking guitar. We need to hear how it sounds out of that new amp too.

But a skateboard? Really? We need to have a talk son........................................ :isaynothing:

How'do Gasbag ;)

aye - i should know better .....lol

i did record a wee bit on camera, i may need to clear space on my laptop to upload, i'll see what i can do ;)

Paul...........

Your next job (unpaid): test out your Les Paul, compare the sound to your Sheraton, and tell us what you think.

How's life down here?? Aye, even Och Aye....everything down here is what the kids here call 'sweet'. I see your lot decided to stick with the old lot (the Sassenachs). I have no views on the matter except, 'Lang may yr lums reek!'

Paul,

Nice looking guitar! Never played a Les Paul. My guitars are Fender's, a Gretsch and I recently purchased a Jazz guitar. Looking forward to hearing the Les Paul.

Mike

How'do folks ;)

i done a wee quick vid - i do like this LPJ :) just need to give her some memory so she knows what's what and what's expected :D

Paul..........

Cheers Eddie ;) still just gettin to grips with this Guitar

Carol - havin had a wee bit of time with this Guitar, i can say i do like it a lot and can't say anything bad about it - compared to the Sheraton, it's a different beast, the quality of the components are better on the Gibson - the volume and tone pots, bridge etc and being nice n new the frets are great, it's brighter sounding than the Sheraton, but the volume n tone pots are really responsive and make a huge difference.......

which is "better" - i couldn't say - but i'd take a new LPJ over a new Sheraton - as the new ones are not made the same as the older ones :)

here's the first wee tune i've recorded using the LPJ ;)

All i wanted 1.mp3

Paul.........

Congrats Paul that les paul is a cracker love the natural finish on it i prefer to see the wood than some fancy paint job.

What do you think of the laney i was going to buy the cub 10R i think it was a while back but i went with jet city instead don't know why i just did.

It all sounds great and the octave pedal sounds class i've had one on my list for a while now.

I like the song too good to see you have'nt lost any of your talent :punk:

How'do MIke ;) aye i'm lookin forward to getting more familiar with my new set-up, the new Guitar sounds great (to my ears) but that wee Laney amp sounds amazing for the low cost - can't beat the tone and overtones you can get from hot valves :)

How'do Micky ;) hope you're doin Good n the family are all doin Good :)

I've had a few Laney amps before and i LoVe them, this one is no different, great for recording with the "less than" 1w input you can drive the valves without the excessive volume...

i like the octave pedal too, Mooer are a pretty cheaply made pedal (not necessarily cheap to buy) but this has loads of different octave settings and works with chords ;)

Paul...........