Atavar

Inherited a oneoff

Atavar    3

I wanted to show you guys the guitar i inherited from a luthier in Arizona. Gina was a very detail oriented perfectionist and made this guitar for himself so everything is as perfect as it can be. Everything is hand fitted and there were no power tools used in the construction at all. I wish I could remember the woods he used, some were pretty exotic. i believe the hardware is old school Strat stuff but you all would know more about that than i do. This is definitely a one of a kind. I wish I knew how to play well enough to know if it is any good as an instrument.

Sorry for the bad photography, i see a couple of what look like mars in the wood on the closeup that really aren't there. They must be reflections off the gloss finish.

2f7b835f-f8b5-49bd-a65b-43e5d592fef2_zps6ddf55b0.jpgg2_zps8ff5fb5f.jpg

mset3    158

Atravar,

Glad to see you were able to post photos. It looks like a good quality instrument with a lot of care going into the construction.

Mike

Atavar    3

Thanks guys. The makers name was Gina Reynolds who was dba GCR Guitars. He was a troubled transgender person I met in his burly biker phase of life. At the end of life he (I have to stick with my original gender pronoun) he was a dainty and sophisticated lady.

If you ever come across a GCR instrument I can make the flat statement that they are worth a second and third look. There are only about a half dozen in existence but they are all works of art and world class.

Atavar    3

Yeah, right now it is hanging on the wall. I can't quite figure out all the knobs so I am sticking to my acoustic to learn on. Maybe when I am better I'll get this down for the rock stuff.

KendoSurf    1

Yeah, right now it is hanging on the wall. I can't quite figure out all the knobs so I am sticking to my acoustic to learn on. Maybe when I am better I'll get this down for the rock stuff.

Pamper it! :yes:

Many guitars and bass guitars stray from a basic Volume-Treble-Bass knobs' configuration. My Ibanez 5 string is an example. Best way to learn how your axe works: Plug In, Twiddle Knobs/Switches as you play, Listen to what happens! Regardless of the manufacturer's labeling, you need to know from experience what those adjustments really DO.

Most important...HAVE FUN WITH IT !!! :clap: