gasbag

Does Anyone Recognize This Song?

Hello,

A few months ago, for a variety of reasons, I started noodling around with a Weissenborn and also a lap steel

I picked up very reasonably. They are basically the same thing, just different. :tongue:

Having a great time, my learning curve is somewhat flat, but I am enjoying it a lot.

I was hoping someone in here will recognize this song and/or it's composer.

I have heard this tune before and I love it. It's a haunting melody and perfect for the Weiss.

I have searched everywhere I can think of using "The Lake" and even the term "One Step Down" although

I think the person is just referring to the fact that it is tuned one step down.

I could be wrong but that hasn't happened yet this year. :isaynothing:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to find the sheet music or even just the tabs for this.

It might help if I knew it's name or composer...................... :yes:

Thanks for any help someone can throw my way.

gasbag (Larry)

Hi 6string,

Thanks for the response. You could be correct although that would crush my world as I know it.

What bugs me is that as soon as I heard the first few notes I thought "Oh man, I haven't heard that in years".

and then I could tell what was coming up ahead of time. The entire song is familiar to me.

The last half sounds like a Fleetwood Mac song which of course I can't remember the title.

Maybe I'm psychic..........or more likely psychotic.

Either way I am going to do some more snooping plus sticking that song on a looper and try to learn it by

listening which I am not good at doing at all. Oh well, I'm retired..............I have all day........................ :yes:

Hi GB, remember that it may be played in a special alternate tuning e.g. G or D etc. Why not email him and beg??

Hi Carol,

The tuning he uses is DADFAD (D minor) which is fairly common for a Weiss.

I use open D - DADF#AD most of the time or I can go to open E - EBEG#BE. There are more

but I am just beginning with this thing and I confuse easily.

Weissenborns are mostly stuck in the lower tunings as they are more fragile than a typical guitar.

Anything above A on the 6th string will make and envelope out of your instrument.

Thats pretty cool. Love this.

I think the Fleetwood Mac song you're referring to is 'The Chain' maybe?

Hi Father Goose,

Yup, I believe you found it.

Man...........you're good........... :beer:

Hi Father Goose,

Yup, I believe you found it.

Man...........you're good........... :beer:

LOls... I sometimes put Fleetwood Mac on on long bus rides home. Helps me wind down.

Their album 'Rumours'... a favourite:)