J Castle

Electric guitar with certain sound

I'm looking at starting to learn how to play an electric guitar, but before I do I need to find out which one to buy. Not knowing anything at all, I need to know whether all guitars are the same or if different ones are capable of different things (i.e. are "looks" purely aesthetic or are different types available for different jobs?)

I'd like to know how I can tune it to get a specific sound - I'm looking to replicate this:

1:07 onwards -

0:07 onwards -

If anyone could help with 1) type of guitar and 2) how to tune I'd really appreciate it.

That's a cool Epi Explorer! The "real tone cable" has an Analog/Digital converter included so that's right, plug directly into the PS3 usb port.

For Rocksmith there's an earlier version just called Rocksmith. Rocksmith 2014 is improved but both are good. Check out the website and choose one that's got more songs you like, http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US/music/index.aspx

Don't forget to get yourself a strap(so you can stand up after a while) and a few different picks(light, medium and heavy). Good Luck and look forward to hearing your progress.

Once you get started and are ready to look into the guitar and music deeper, have a look at Kirk's plane talk method. Cheers...

• Like 1

That's a cool Epi Explorer! The "real tone cable" has an Analog/Digital converter included so that's right, plug directly into the PS3 usb port.

For Rocksmith there's an earlier version just called Rocksmith. Rocksmith 2014 is improved but both are good. Check out the website and choose one that's got more songs you like, http://rocksmith.ubi...usic/index.aspx

Don't forget to get yourself a strap(so you can stand up after a while) and a few different picks(light, medium and heavy). Good Luck and look forward to hearing your progress.

Once you get started and are ready to look into the guitar and music deeper, have a look at Kirk's plane talk method. Cheers...

Thanks for the help dude - really is appreciated. I'm going to hold off until my next payday, but will definitely post some progress once I get going.

Thanks again ;)