Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MikkoKarhula

Hi!

I made little video about practicing classical influenced improvisation. I feel that classical music is part of our corner stone of music in every style. Bach’s Inventions and Paganini’s Caprices are familiar to many jazz guitarists as well to many heavy metal guitarists. Although player wouldn’t be fond of these styles I think that practicing classical etudes and improvisation is good both to technique and tonal language improvement. When I was making this video I got feeling that basic rules for scale to chord doesn’t always work. Sometimes it seemed to work mix different scales, or use only the first five notes of the scales. Sometimes scale is forming from three-note or four-note chord arpeggios with chromatic notes added.
      If you are interested check out free tabs and backing track for this lesson from here: http://mikkokarhula.wixsite.com/mikkokarhula

Kindest, Mikko

• By MikkoKarhula
      Hi!

i!

I wanted to share idea how I mix scales in improvising solos. I like to take parts of scales and glue them into other scales resulting new feels. I think this is quite normal in jazz and also some ethno music allthought I don't know are players thinking that they are glueing scales together in ethno music. it might more likely be normal thing than studied to them.

I hope you like it!
      Kindest, Mikko
      Check out tabs and backing track if you want from:
      http://mikkokarhula.wixsite.com/mikkokarhula

• By Kirk Lorange

Licks à Lorange - New series of free lessons.
      I have started a new series of free video lessons that I'm calling 'Licks à Lorange'. I have an endless supply of licks 'n' riffs, most of which I make up on the spot, and I decided to get some of them down on video rather than just let them float off into the ether.
      Most will be blues based licks, but not all, and I'll also be doing some 'Slide Licks à Lorange' series too. I've set up a new section of my PlaneTalk site where I'll publish them all, which will happen once a week.
      Blues lick in E à la Jimi Hendrix is the first lick, a pretty easy one in E, reminiscent of a Jimi Hendrix line, please feel free to comment and to use the 'Share' buttons to pass them around among your guitar playing contacts.
      Check it out and let me know what you think.