G_u_e_s_t_y

Smaller guitars for young children

Hi guys, my 5 year old daughter has asked for an electric guitar for her birthday.

I'm looking into 1/2 or 3/4 size bodies but I've been told that these can't be tuned to standard tuning? This is a problem, as she enjoys playing rocksmith using my guitar, which is the reason for asking for one of her own. Am i right in thinking this would mean she couldn't use it to play along?

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Never heard that an Electric 1/2 or 3/4 scale can't be tuned to standard. Don't see why they can't be.

I have an acoustic baby taylor and its 3/4 scale tuned to standard so why can't an electirc.

This article below says its better to use a different tuning but I have no problem with mine tuned to standard, thats the way they

tune them in the store, same with other companies. Standard seems okay for 3/4 anyway.

https://cooldiscount...ze-guitars.html

Cheers Guys, especially gasbag. That link was just what I needed. So to close the thread, you can tune a 1/2 or 3/4 guitar to standard, but it is recommended to use a higher gauge string. 0.11's are recommended.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk