sheraton

collab ?

How'do folks ;)

anybody want to come out to play? :D

if anyone would like to collaborate in any way gi'es a wee shout and let me know what you're down for - i'm open to any suggestions, or requests - if anyone has any ideas they'd like to work on, or if anyone would like a backin' track done, or.....anythin' really.......if you'd like to sing/play/write/record......i'm down for whatever ;)

Paul............

How do, Paul, I found this one top of the pile. See what you think. Add, cut, switch, change anything you like - you know, the usual deal. :)

If anyone else wants to have a crack at it - go for it - any standard of anything is fine - just have a go.

the brackets, italics and slashes are alternative/extra ideas/words that might fit the music better, depending what your music is.

It doesn't really have an ending, just a collection of verses that someone might be able to turn into a song.

She thinks she will trust him (7 verses)

But she isn’t (quite) sure why

He thinks (that) she is pretty

As they lie there side by side

She talks (to him) about happiness

She talks about dreams/tells him (all) her dreams

She talks about beauty/She sees a world that’s filled with beauty

He’s not sure what she means

She tells him all her secrets

How she loves the sound of rain

How a rainbow is forever

Like the distant call of trains/ Like the far away sound of trains

How she loves the early mornings

How the rain makes all things new

How she dreams of living all her life

With a man who loves (these) things too

She wonders what he’s thinking

She’s not sure he understands

He’s not sure how to answer her

Or, if he’s that kind of man

He tells her he loves children

How their laughter makes him smile

How once, he stole a chicken pie

And once hiked for 40/60 miles

She thinks (that) she will trust him

But she isn’t (quite) sure why

He thinks (that) she is pretty

As they lie there side by side

She tells him (all) her secrets

What she sees for the rest of her life

She wonders if he’s thinking

That it’s time he found a wife

(That she might be his wife)

He asks her to come away with him

She’s not sure if she should

She wonders what he’s thinking

She’s not sure he understood

She dreams of (true) love

She dreams of a home

She dreams of a future

Where she won’t grow old alone

How'do Carol ;)

i like this, good lyrics, i like the fact i don't see an obvious chorus - not every song needs a chorus :)

i tried to have a wee play with it earlier...........couldn't really get into it at the minute tho.......i will come back to it and see if i can feel it at somepoint later ;)

that's the thing about playing based on feelin.......can't get into the groove if you can't feel it.......lol...... i think i need to do somethin on a different theme, everything i'm comin out with myself is pretty much stuck on the one same feelin......

maybe someone else could have a wee go at this just now tho ;)

Paul................

;) ..........got a wee idea for this now......i think... :yes: .....we'll see....lol

i'll try with the lyrics first..........a wee edit or 2

She thinks she can trust him ..............1

But she's not sure why

He thinks that she's pretty

As they lie side by side

She talks about happiness...........2

She tells of her dreams

She sees a world full of beauty

She tells him all her secrets............2

How she loves to feel the rain

and if a rainbow was forever

that she couldn't complain

she loves the early mornings.............1

and the cold mountain dew

she dreams of livin her life

with someone honest and true

She asks him what he’s thinking..........2

and if he understands

but He’s not sure how to answer

Or, if he’s the right man

then He tells her he'd like children...............2

that they give him smile

And ran for one hundred miles

She thinks she can trust him..........1

But she's not sure why

He thinks that she's is pretty

As they lie side by side

She told him all her secrets..............2

What she hopes for in life

She wonders if he’s thinking

That she could be his wife

He asks her to come with him...........2

She wonders what he’s got in mind

She dreams about true love.............3

and building a home

She dreams of a future

Where she's never alone

(maybe another 4 lines here?)

lol.........i know that's a lot of changes, it seems to flow off the tongue better with the idea i had...

the numbers are for 3 different chord progressions i had......

1 - E G D A

2 - C G D A

3 - F G C G D A

it's too late to record tonight, but i think the wee changes to lyrics and these chords will work - to my ear at least....lets see what happens ;)

Paul........

hmmmm..........i'm lookin at this again tryin to get the feel for the full story... :huh: ............i'm not sure what you had in mind Carol.......but i could do another wee tweak or 2, and i think i could properly relate to the overall message/story on a personal level.......where i wouldn't be the dude in the story......if you get the drift ;)

i'll ponder a wee bit more n try to make it work...........

She thinks she can trust him ..............1

But she's not sure why

He JUST thinks that she's pretty

As they lie side by side

She talks about happiness...........2

She tells of her dreams

She sees a world full of beauty

She tells him all her secrets............2

How she loves to feel the rain

and if a rainbow was forever

that she couldn't complain

she loves the early mornings.............1

and the cold mountain dew

she dreams of livin her life

with someone honest and true

She asks him what he’s thinking..........2

and if he understands

but He’s not sure how to answer

HE'S NOT THAT KIND OF MAN

then He tells her he'd like children...............2

AT LEAST FOR A WHILE

And ran for one hundred miles

She thinks she can trust him..........1

But she's not sure why

He JUST thinks that she's pretty

As they lie side by side

She told him all her secrets..............2

What she hopes for in life

She wonders WHAT IT IS he’s thinking

AND IF HE'S MR RIGHT

He asks her to come with him...........2

She wonders what he’s got in mind

She dreams about true love.............3

and building a home

She dreams of a future

Where she's never alone

(maybe another 4 lines here?)

hmmmmm.........maybe.....what do you think?........too many changes?

Paul.............

lol..........one more possible edit :D

1 - E G D A x2

2 - C G D A

3 - F G C G A (remove the D chord)

i spaced the chords to give a better idea of the timin of the changes

Paul............

Hi Paul, as to what I had in mind was an idea of a couple shortly after first meeting.

Neither one knows anything much about the other. The female at least is wondering about the other - what is he really like (we don't know what he is thinking/feeling/hoping to get out of the relationship - maybe something, maybe nothing). I imagined the different thoughts and feeling of each one - not one better than the other, but each one not knowing about the other, and she at least, wanting to know what the other is thinking/feeling.

The female is talking mostly. The guy is (only maybe :)) trying to understand - not only what she says, but what she means. She is telling him about herself, and wondering if he 'gets it' or 'gets her' - she wants him to understand what she tells him and what she wants in life, and for him to like what she is.

She also wonders what he is really like, and what he really wants for his life - he may not know, or may not care about that, or maybe unable or unwilling to express what he wants or feels - we don't know, and she doesn't know either, but she is hoping/wondering if they might have a future together.

The guy doesn't share much (know much? understand much? think about the relationship much? ...dunno). It's that kind of uncertainty of a new relationship, from the two different/contrasting sides. He kinda wants to know (maybe) but probably not in the same way she does. There are possibly different needs for each maybe, but maybe not - we dunno, she doesn't know, and who knows what (if anything) the guy thinks. :laughingg:

All is uncertainty... but also possibility - or not! :)

Hey, it's just a song: imagine a scene, write something that rhymes... post it on GFB, and see what happens. That's all.

I leave the hard work to the person who tries to turn it into music.

hey Carol :)

Aye early days in a relationship was what i was thinkin/gettin from it.......and more of a song about the female being true thoughtful caring etc...and the guy being.....well a typical guy ;)

i have to be honest, and no disrespect to the male population......but i have spent a lot of time around "blokes" and i have came to the conclusion that most, or a lot of us at least are dogs (i'd like to think i'm not, but who am i to say...lol..) who don't truly have the proper respect for women - guys talk when we get together (i'm sure women do too) and from my past experience, i've been shocked by, a lot guys i know and there attitude towards women, i've been in some uncomfortable "blokey" discussions where women are viewed as purely physical objects - sad but true - and this attitude doesn't sit well with me - i guess my mother raised me up proper ;) ......i'm no angel but i was brought up to care for and respect women :yes:

so i kinda thought that idea would be a good focus for the story - "He just thinks that she's pretty" - this line, would sum up the guy's thoughts/feelings.... :dunno:

Paul.........

Hi Paul, I would not dare to express an opinion!

I did not want to be hard on the guy at all - there are a lot of guys like the ones you describe, we know it and she knows it. But I deliberately left it open - no one knows, including us. He could be thoughtful caring type, and that is what she hopes for, but she doesn't know, but maybe.

Hence the line, 'She thinks that she will trust him'. And what she says/thinks after that is her ways of trying to work out exactly what he is like. We don't know, she doesn't know, and who knows what the guy thinks/feels/knows...if anything.

The guy gives away no clues - his only words are general and fairly superficial - but is this because he has no deeper feelings and hopes, or... is he just the sort of guy she hopes for, but is also a guy who doesn't communicating much?

This is an eternal problem that women try to solve all through their unattached lives. Sometimes of course, you don't have to wonder - you can tell what a guy is like (best avoided) just by talking to him for 2 minutes (or less!)

After-thought: it must be similar for very rich or famous people of either sex: i.e. does this person like ME for myself, or are they just pretending to like me to get at my money/fame? In other words.. they only want the money and fame I would bring them, and getting attached to me is their only way to get that.

aye ;) i can understand that - given that men don't have to bear children our concerns/thoughts in a new relationship don't generally go as deep as a womens thoughts and concerns - it's an instinct thing to my way of thinkin' - so we don't want him to be a dog just a guy with less instinctive concerns ;)

lol...........i'm goin to hit the hay.....as the sun will be up soon :escape:

It'll be going down here soon, so I send you good wishes... via the sun - do you think that is a first? Solar Best Wishes cards? It could get a bit singed.

Hey Carol ;)

i've not forgotten this one.........just strugglin a wee bit the noo with playin anythin unless i can feel it and sing it truly - especially on a theme of romance/relationships....sad i know, but true........i could maybe change the she - he, and sing from my own perspective...maybe changes the idea too much tho :dunno:

Paul........

Hi Paul, maybe you could change the He to I, and the Him to Me? The questions and words that each one speaks aloud could be 'she' to 'me', and you reply with 'I etc' where you are the man either thinking or speaking out loud to her.

And you could still use her thoughts that she's thinking to herself in the non-personal third person - as in a commentary/narrative/reporting about what she's thinking, but not saying out loud.

Whatever changes you'd like to make - go right ahead - no worries!