DLKnives

My Meager Setup

DLKnives    3

Here's my Epiphone Les Paul Special II plus top that I got a 8 days ago at Guitar Center:

Les_paul1_zpscfe0900c.jpg

And here's my Fender Mustang I V2 amp:

Amp1_zpsb551f6bb.jpg

Pretty basic stuff but even at that the amp is way beyond my capabilities! I have no idea what I'm doing with it so I just try a preset, turn the Master to 2 and Volume to 4 and it seems to work pretty well. I have hooked to my PC and updated the software and tried downloading a few presets, but I have no idea how to use all the software that came with it. I wonder if I should have gotten an amp without all the fancy stuff like a Frontman - just turn it on and play! :)

DLKnives    3

Yea it's called Fender Fuse and then you dowload a few other programs that let you record to the PC and other stuff. I have no idea how to record but maybe I'll figure it out by the time I'm good enough to record something.

DLKnives    3

Thanks Mike. I figured I would figure out the amp as I "grew" as a player. I just played with it, hooked the usb cable to the amp and downloaded some presets from the Fuse site. Of course I had to replace presets that came with it but I think the ones I d/l'd will be more useful to me. I got ones that have sounds for AC/DC, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc.

sheraton    20

Good looking Guitar ;) and you can't go too wrong with Epiphone - and Fender amp :)....'nuff said

i've heard good things about the Mustang amps, sure the options may be a wee bit overwhelming, but if you don't get too distracted by all the features i'm sure it will serve you well - you can still just turn on and play :smilinguitar:

Paul.............

sheraton    20

Well, its a great start, lot more than I started on in 72. Nice color on the guitar too.

;) aye Eddie, you certainly get more for your money at the low end these days - my first Guitar was about 20 years later around 1992 - it was a nice looking Les Paul copy, but the body was made of chipboard with a plywood top, and the pickups were single coils under a Humbucker cover - i still loved it tho :smilinguitar:

Paul.........