sheraton

a wee poem (maybe a song)

sheraton    20

How'do folks

a wee bit poetry from a bleeding heart..........

Hush my Angel don't you cry

I know how hard it is to say Goodbye

I wish that i could find the words to say

To help take your pain away

You've done nothing wrong and you deserve the best

I'm sure in time we'll all get over this mess

So hush my Angel please don't cry

I won't clip your wings i want to help you fly

it may not quite be a classic piece of poetry........but it's heartfelt and true

Paul.............

sheraton    20

How'do folks ;)

i added a couple more lines to this one, and i have a wee bit music to go with :) ..........lol...........not sure why i keep puttin' smileys....doesn't really fit my mood, but sad faces don't work for me :)

Hush my Angel don't you cry

I know how hard it is to say Goodbye

I wish that i could find the words to say

To take all your your pain away

You've done nothing wrong and you deserve the best

I'm sure in time we'll all get over this mess

So hush my Angel please don't cry

I won't clip your wings i want to help you fly

With a tear in my eye........ i'll help you fly

If you LoVe someone you've got to set them free

And if you come back i'll know it's meant to be

If not then i've done the right thing

I'll keep you in my heart with all the blues i sing

You know what i'd like and only you can give it

i wouldn't want you giving if your heart's not in it

You and me...... forever together

Rebuilding our home and making things better

the first line of the third verse might not seem to fit with the rest of that verse..... it makes sense to me tho ;)

i had a wee go at recording this earlier tonight, i'll see if i can do a mixdown and maybe post it......i wasn't happy with a few things - mainly the Guitar track, but i can always have another go, tomorrow maybe.....

Paul........

sheraton    20

this is my first take on this song..... a few things i'd like to redo....lol...the whole song really, but i don't like to over-work things and i quite like the hit record and see what happens approach even if it's ruff ;)

not too sure of a title - i went with "Hush my Angel" for now

Hush my Angel.mp3

Paul...............

carol m    64

Wow! That is beoootiful! Soulful. I love the spareness of it, and also that solo - fantastic. I could listen to that all day. All the words make perfect (and touching) sense to me. No explanations necessary. That Sarah could have been a lucky lass, if only..... but I expect you've told her that! That's a joke, I'm sure you haven't told her that.

BTW I don't know anyone who would not appreciate the sentiments in this song if someone wrote that song for them - you could play it to Sarah and she would understand, and love it, especially because you explain your feelings so clearly - that you do want to help her fly even though you wish she hadn't left. Life sucks sometimes, huh?

sheraton    20

thanks Carol :)

Aye life can be a wee bit "testing" at times - especially at the minute, i'm a bit up and down......but - a rollercoaster is better than a roundabout ;)

i don't think Sarah is ready to hear any of these songs yet, maybe never will be....... but i can still sing them, and post them here :) there may be a few more to come.........

Paul............

sheraton    20

How'do Goose ;)

i'm pretty sure the beat is 4/4 - the structure is a wee bit freeform - i don't do counting, just whatever feels right to me

if you look at it as 4 verses the first and third verse chords are just - C and G - but i'm not tuned to concert pitch

verses 2 and 4 are - Am, C, Am, G - and verse 2 has the extra line at the end which is back on the C and G chords

i do an intro with just the piano - C G C G - 4 beats for each chord i think - then C G C G again with drums etc - then first verse C G C G again - second verse Am C Am G - 4 beats for each chord again, the last line of that verse is back on the C G C G progression

C G C G x3

Am C Am G x1

C G C G x2

Am C Am G x1

C G C G x3

Am C Am G x1

C G C G x2

Am C Am G x1

lol...........if that makes any sense

Paul..........

carol m    64

- a rollercoaster is better than a roundabout ;)

Paul............

Nice work! Is that one of your originals? I agree, but sometimes it's nice to relax on a roundabout for a while. Rollercoasters can upset the apple cart... :unsure:

sheraton    20

lol...........i can't take the credit for that one........it's actually a wee bit ironic - i'll leave you to guess who i first heard that one from :escape: