CraigA

Classical guitar repair advise please

CraigA    0

I have an old Yamaha G130A classical that I purchased back in 1974 in San Diego while attending Naval A school. I still have it and play it often. It has a fair amount of wear mostly on the sound board but is solid and sounds pretty good overall. The only real problem is the neck has a fair amount of bow developed over the years and so playing is harder than my Fernandez flamenco which has a much nicer action. I was wondering if the costs to straighten the neck would be worth it or would I be better off buying something newer? I still like the old guitar. Thanks for any ones feedback.

6string    81

from what i could google it seems your guitar probably has a solid top but not solid side and back woods

totally guessing here but I think unless you can somehow fix it yourself its more economical to buy something else.

CraigA    0

Thank you six string, I was looking at some nylon electrics in the 400.00 range today and really liked the Cordoba C5CE I can pick up a new one for 319.00 I am really tempted.

CraigA    0

Yes it is, I don't particularly need the cutaway but the sound and feel are pretty good and the materials nice and the price is not to expensive. Made in China but what isn't these days.