tzvij

Just Beginning and Looking for a Guitar

I just recently began learning guitar and am looking for a good acoustic guitar to get started with, preferably one that will last me a few years. I've looked at, heard, and played the Takamine G320 and I like the feel and sound, but I've also been attracted (although heavily discouraged by the local guitar dealer, possibly due to its lower price) to the Gibson DR-100. (It's a local and well known name so I feel a bit more comfortable with that.) I was told by the dealer and have similar comments online, that the Gibson is a strictly beginner guitar while the Takamine is an intermediate. Has anyone tried these two out, because I would really like an explanation/opinion about the difference. Also, I'd like to hear any suggestions for choice of guitars you may have. I'm looking for a rich, smooth, warm tone and preferably a good looking, comfortable-to-hold-and-play body. I have a budget of at most $250. If anyone is or knows someone selling a good guitar in Israel in this budget, I would appreciate the tip. I also am interested in if tips on how to work on barre chords and rhythms and learning notes.

Thanks so much.