MCH

A DIY music stand....

MCH    0

I just finished this music stand for myself. It's made of mahogany and oak with a tung oil finish. A music stand comes very useful when playing my guitar. I've got a few binders of tabs.

This is quite an inexpensive project if you do it yourself.

1421.attach

Misty2u    0

Lovely stand MCH. :thumbup1: Took some woodwork classes a few years back myself but doubt I'd ever be able to make something as elegant as that. Good job..!! :clap:

MCH    0

Bill. I don't build and sell furniture. I build a lot of furniture for friends and family for the cost of material. I'm retired and so have the time. If you lived in the area, Vancouver Island Canada, I would be happy to oblige (cost of materials ($100), case of beer and nice bottle of wine) but I don't want to go through the hassel of boxing up and sending across the border.

sorry

Lcjones    8

Wow. That's really a nice piece of work. What species of wood did you use?

Looks like ash or oak to me in the picture. Is that one piece for the cleft sign back or did you glue in the arch at the top and small divider at the bottom?

Very cool.

Les

MCH    0

Mostly mahogany, oak only for the sheet music ledge. Mahogany is not as hard as oak and easier to shape and sand. The two clefts and divider are one piece. The arch is a seperate glued piece. Needed the grain to run horizontal for strength on the arch; the clefts are vertical grain.

thx for the compliment.

MCH    0

Here are stands that I made for my guitar family.

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=349&d=1135827953

I made a music stand and guitar stand as a matching pair for my son. I did it in high gloss black. The guitar stand has the same curved upright; the guitar hangs by the head stock.

Wood working and guitar noodling keep me busy.