Hi folks i picked op this Vox AC30 VR yesterday and i must say im in love sounds deadly so far.

Thats my epiphone les paul beside it it was black i sanded of the finish down to the wood and just stained it.

post-29436-0-23159400-1371723353.jpg

post-29436-0-75609200-1371723383.jpg

post-29436-0-90193900-1371723409.jpg

post-29436-0-62010400-1371723500.jpg

Aye nice amps Mike i had a vt40 a while back it sounded good enough but there was to many bells and whistles on it spent more time playing with the amp than the guitar this is more basic just plug in and play. I sanded the Epi because i got it second hand and there was a lot of knocks and chips out of the paint so i wanted to tidy it up a bit.

Micky,

I would have probably done the same thing. It looks good.

Pastor Bob,

I have a Fender Twin Reverb and a Fender Combo amp. When I bought the Combo amp, the salesperson at the store tried to sell me a Vox amp. I've heard good things about them. Maybe my next one will be a Vox.

Mike

thanks Pastor Bob what fender are you thinking about?

Thanks Mike im pretty happy with the way it turned out. Fender Twin Reverb now thats an amp Mike i'll bet it would take the paint of the walls, which combo do you have.

Micky,

The Twin Reverb is a great amp. It is an original and not a reissue. My Combo Amp is a Fender Cyber-Twin original. The Cyber-Twin SE came out about six months after I bought the original. It's not a bad amp, but it takes some tweaking from the standard settings.

Mike

Micky, I recently played through a Fender Frontman 212R while I was killing time at my favorite music store. I loved the clean sound, but the lack of a line out bothered me a bit. I've got a Peavey Classic 50, a Crate V18, and a Tube Works short stack, but I'm looking for an amp with a rich clean sound. I think it's a matter of my taste changing a little, because I just bought a "new" acoustic amp - Genz Benz Shenandoah 85. I have a Crate CA-125D that a professional player gave me a thumbs up on when I bought it. Recently, though, it was just sounding like it was missing too much bottom end, and it hisses too much for me.

And so the evolution in my sound continues. LOL