Briandb1222

I HAS RETURNED

Hello all! I'm back (sorta-ish). I sold my guitar a couple years back for the money, but looking to buy another, this time acoustic though. I'm thinking either Ibanez, Yamaha, or Fender. Not sure if I should choose a 12 string or not either. I guess a 6 string would be easier for a beginner but a 12 string would provide a fuller sound? I'm truckin' now so it's harder to acquire guitars. I'm thinking if I get a 12-string I can use that for learning and also able to enjoy it later down the road.

How'do Brian :) we all come back eventually (been away a while myself) ;)

i'd agree with Kirk and Mike, 6 strings are enough to learn, and 12 string guitars are not as versatile - a bit too full sounding at times, also more of an issue keeping them in tune.......

Paul.............

Thanks for the welcome backs and advice! Yeah, after thinking about it 12-strings do sound like they'd be a hassle so perhaps I'll def get a 6-string. Funny thing though...earlier today my phone dropped in my cup of coffee, and since it sat in it for a bit before I found out about it, it's plum full of coffee. (Coffee Phone anyone?) So I guess life is trying to tell me time for a new phone vs a guitar. Bleh.

Hi Brian, welcome back - 12 strings can be a nightmare to tune.

Question: do you really need a phone? And if you do need a phone, do you really need an expensive one? If I really needed a phone and also wanted to buy a guitar, I'd be looking for a way to buy both, somehow - 2nd hand etc.

Hi Brian, it's a tough call on getting a new phone or a guitar, agree with Carol really but it does depend on what you want from a phone, maybe you could get a cheap one to get by and get a second hand guitar. I've lent several of my guitars out to people who wanted to start playing but didn't have enough cash to spend on one. Maybe if you have some friends who play you could see if they have one lying around that they don't play much, that would get you by for a while and allow you to save for your own, just a thought. Anyway welcome back to the site and hope you can get something sorted.

All the Best

Chris

Hi Brian, welcome back - 12 strings can be a nightmare to tune.

Question: do you really need a phone? And if you do need a phone, do you really need an expensive one? If I really needed a phone and also wanted to buy a guitar, I'd be looking for a way to buy both, somehow - 2nd hand etc.

Hi Brian, it's a tough call on getting a new phone or a guitar, agree with Carol really but it does depend on what you want from a phone, maybe you could get a cheap one to get by and get a second hand guitar. I've lent several of my guitars out to people who wanted to start playing but didn't have enough cash to spend on one. Maybe if you have some friends who play you could see if they have one lying around that they don't play much, that would get you by for a while and allow you to save for your own, just a thought. Anyway welcome back to the site and hope you can get something sorted.

All the Best

Chris

I need a phone more than I need a guitar, and, no I guess it don't have to be expensive but I'm not into the cheap stuff. I like to be techy :P. Just got a new phone...htc DNA with Verizon. I'm in absolutely in NO hurry to get another guitar though, so if I have to wait a lil longer I will.

I'm sure this thread shows some insight into our society, not sure what is though?

I'll just get my phone so I can google a tweet on facebook, ahh, that's better...

Food for thought?

post-57885-0-19794900-1363572037.jpg

I'm sure this thread shows some insight into our society, not sure what is though?

I'll just get my phone so I can google a tweet on facebook, ahh, that's better...

Food for thought?

post-57885-0-19794900-1363572037.jpg

Oh how true, as it sit here typing on my laptop as my guitar sits forlornly in the corner craving attention, gotta go my "smartphone" just beeped.

P.s welcome back Brian , buy a crap phone and a nice guitar , you'll thank yourself in six months.

:dunno: ........... i guess it depends how much you want to play :smilinguitar: ................everybody wants to be a guitar hero, without the effort or commitment to learn, less time fingering computers and phones, and more time with your hands on a guitar and it's possible.....and more rewarding :yes:

maybe a guitar you can play txt style with just your thumbs would appeal more to some.......there are also some phone apps that allow you to play your phone like a guitar :escape: