sheraton

any ideas?

the collaboration section doesn't seem to have had much activity lately, and i think this may be the first time i've been on the forum this year.........................so who's up for the challenge? any ideas?

lyrics, songs in need of extra tracks, themes or just thoughts......

Paul.......

Hey Paul! I'd almost given up on you - glad to see you again. I'm going to dig through some of my scribbles and scraps of paper and see if I can dig up something to post. I might even find some inspiration, you never know.

The first one I found. As always, change, omit, switcheroo (ignore :) ) - anything you need to do to make it work for you. Any slashes means I couldn't decide which word was best - choose one or another of find a better one - it's all goode.

These Walls

Different houses, different lives

Many people, different times

If this house could talk and tell

Perhaps our love might turn out well

People love and people lose

People hurt and sing the blues

Too much heart-ache in these walls

I can feel it, feel/hear it all

Bridge

Sometimes when I’m here alone

I hear the stories in the stone

These walls have seen so many lives

So much love, so many lies

Maybe once upon a time

This house has seen some happy lives

Children playing in the sun

No one fearing any one

No one feeling hate or pain

No one being knocked down again

(And) wondering how it came to this

When it (had) started with a kiss

Bridge

I hear the stories in the stone

So much love, so many lies

If this house could talk and tell

Perhaps our love might turn out well

How'do Carol ;)

oh aye, i like these lyrics :) they talk to me ;)

i've got a wee bit of a feelin going for this, a couple of words to tweak, and add a chorus line.......something like - "oh o oh o life goes on inside/behind these walls".....?

i'll try and work this and maybe post the lyrics and chords before i record, and try and explain the process of building the idea......

Paul...........

chords for the idea i had, and a couple of word/line changes

Am G

F G

Am G

If this house could tell the tale

F G

Perhaps our love just might prevail

Am G

People love and people lose

F G

People hurt and we sing the blues

Am G

so much life stained in these walls

F G................................

I can hear it, and i feel it all.....................

Bridge

F

G Em

I can see the stories bleeding from the stone

F

G Em Am

So much love, and too many lies

chorus

Am F G Em

oh........ o oh........ o life goes on inside these walls

Am F G Em

oh........ o oh........ o behind these walls

just the first couple of verse lines, bridge and chorus.........i'll work on the other verses (same chords) maybe tweak a word or two .....and structure, maybe save the chorus 'til after the second bridge??

Carol - any changes you don't approve, let me know....i just use artistic license freely...lol

Paul.......

lol............that was a waste of some time......i put the chords above the word where the change comes, and lost all the spacing when i hit post.....pfft

here is a first sketch recording of the idea i had..........just two guitars a beat and a vocal with parts of an alternate vocal take for backin at the bridge and chorus,................. the guitar on left just playing the basic chord shapes and the 2nd guitar on the right playing variations of the chords higher up the neck on the bridge and chorus.........really basic and ruff, but the idea has potential........i'll add an easy bass line, again just following the chords nothing fancy, and there's space for another guitar track at the end

then ideally i'll re record all the tracks to tidy up some mistakes etc..... vocals are quite ruff just now, a weeeeee bit off pitch..lol

These Walls (idea).mp3

Paul...........

Good job, Paul! I like it a lot and I can hear that you have not lost your touch - or inspiration. It's amazing to me how you can switch stuff around, and take words (that are still only words on paper) and turn it into a song.

And all done in a few hours. Brilliant!

So.....give us the gossip - where have you been and what have you been up to? Did I mention that I'm glad you are back???

About the posting of chords and tabs - if you use Courier New it doesn't scramble the spacing.

hey Carol :)

glad you like the idea......it's needin tidied up a fair bit, i haven't sang for a while and i miss my acoustic guitar for setting out chords and structure of an idea........but we can only work with the tools we have

i was jammin on a wee lead break tonight, and somehow the rhythm guitar track got erased in parts.....lol.....i want to redo all the tracks anyway, maybe tomorrow ;)

i have been caught up in trying to find steady work......i'm not even sure if you can still get full-time permanent jobs these days, i think they may be extinct...in Scotland at least....lol it's all temporary agency work - the last job i got from an agency was labouring on building site, the agency said work would be on-going, but the company only wanted the site tidied up for building control, so i got three days out of that.........anyway it's good to get back on here and forget about all that stuff...... :)

i really like these lyrics.....i was feelin them on a lot of different levels......i just hope i can do them justice with a better vocal take

you have a talent for writing which makes it easier to turn words to song....the feeling and the story is all there

Paul.........

Hey all ! I haven't been on in a while myself and all I can say is WoW ! Awesome lyrics Carol and put to music Awesome Paul ! Great job you two. I enjoyed that one A LoT ! :clap: :clap:

Johnny

Hey Johnny :winkthumb: it's been a while, hope you're well dude .......hopefully we'll get time to catch up on here :beer:

i had a second go at this, trying to tweak the vocal melody.......still unfinished, but closer.....in parts....still some dodgy bits :D

These walls (idea) 2.mp3

Paul...............

Carols' lyrics are always good inspiration to work with :yes:

Steady on, Paul - people will start to talk.

The second version's great too - when I heard the first few bars, I thought you were going to sing Lay Lady Lay - it sounds like the same progression to me.

i had a wee listen to "lay lady lay" luckily it's not the same progression, so no rip off issues...lol i'm sure this progression(Am,G,F,G) will have been used many times tho :yes:

funny tho, as when i listened back to the intro on this one i was reminded of "All along the watchtower" (Hendrix version) (just the chord progression)

lol..........i just checked and i think the verse to "All along the watchtower" is the same progression but in a different key (Cm,A#,G#,A#) i think.....purely by chance of course :innocent:

Paul................

i had a wee listen to "lay lady lay" luckily it's not the same progression, so no rip off issues...lol

Paul................

No risk of being sued by Bob for millions then! Phew, What a relief.

Hey Johnny :winkthumb: it's been a while, hope you're well dude .......hopefully we'll get time to catch up on here :beer:

i had a second go at this, trying to tweak the vocal melody.......still unfinished, but closer.....in parts....still some dodgy bits :D

These walls (idea) 2.mp3

It's been too long Paul ! We definitely need to do some catching up. Hope you are doing well yourself. Things are good here on the home front. I see you haven't lost your touch ! I really did enjoy this colab. You two have a good one here !

Johnny

Paul...............