nowhere-man

Ami and friends

This is my new baby, pride of place on the stand. Art & Lutherie Ami nylon string parlour size. Beautiful to handle, and a very nice tone for such a small guitar.

At last I've found a guitar that I feel really comfortable with.

Supplied by UGB, with a very friendly and helpful service. Thanks Glen.:)

Thanks also to Forum friends who offered advice a while ago. :)

Ibanez electro-acoustic on the left, Magnum on the right of Ami, bought used in Australia for my daughter about 18 years ago, I don't know how old it was, but it's got a nice tone too. I treated it to new machine heads and saddle last year.

On the right is a Washburn HB32 semi-acoustic, complete with distressed hardware, and sustain forever.

I've also got an Epiphone SG400, a Washburn W165, and another Washburn electric with Floyd Rose trem, none of which I've used yet.

When I can play well enough to justify it, I intend to sell the Epi, the Ibanez and one of the Washburns (not the W165), and buy a resonator.

Boy, if only I could play! That's looking much more hopeful now I've joined the Plane Talk Forum. It's brilliant. If you haven't ordered your copy of PlaneTalk yet, do yourself a big favour; order it now!:poke:

Geoff :)

1403.attach

Done.

Thanks Marty, that was mighty quick, were you poised waiting for me to make a mistake? :D

I'm very pleased with the HB32. Unplugged there's no volume to speak of which was a bit disappointing at first, but it's fine thro the amp, very sweet sound, to my ears anyway, and a lot of sustain.

What do your friends think of theirs? They've almost certainly got a more informed opinion than me.

Geoff,

Very nice collection of guitars. I like the looks of your new AMI. It is amazing how great the smaller guitars sound and how easy to play. I love my Little Martins. My back likes them too. :) That Magnum really looks nice.

If we ever get a digital camera I'll have to take a picture of my guitar used car lot. :) I've still got my 58 year-old Harmony archtop in the basement waiting for surgery after being crushed when my dad sent it to me last year.

Dan

Thanks Dan. The pic doesn't really do the Ami justice, it looks better 'in the flesh'.

That's sad about your Harmony, is it repairable?

Can't you borrow a digital camera from a friend, it would be good to see your collection. :yes:

(:yes:..... brainwashing technique......:yes: ) :D

Geoff

That's a fine collection there Geoff !!!( bottle of Jack creates a tasteful ambiance?)

Why do I get the impression you're one helluva guitar player, who's just holding out for one reason or another?

I've got a feeling ...........ahhhh ... by the way , where is the Plane Talk Forum? I must be blind, I ordered the book and DVD sometime ago, can't find the link..

Gazza

Forget the guitars, where is my cup of that delicious Jack Black. :thumbup1::yes::thumbup1:

Real nice addition to your instruments. :drool:

If you ever feel your playing lacks that special touch, pour yourself a cup. Repeat until you achieved the desired effect. :yinyang:

Cheers, :beer:

Tennessee Squire Jay

Geez Squire, and here's me thinking it was lemon oil! :brickwall:

That's a fine collection there Geoff !!!( bottle of Jack creates a tasteful ambiance?)

Why do I get the impression you're one helluva guitar player,

Thanks Gazza, I wish...................:unsure:

Real nice axes, Geoff. It's about time we started hearing them.

Thanks Simon. They're only ornaments.;)

Hey there Young Man :P

Sweet collection Geoff. I'm still stuck with my one and only crappy no-name acoustic but hoping to get a better one soon (was thinking of a Yamaha). Would never dare hope for a collection like RBs (or yours for that matter) but perhaps a good acoustic and an electric when (isn't that very optimistic of me?) my playing has improved. :D

Tracy

Hi Misty how you doin'?

Thanks for that. To be honest, after years of bringing up a family, some of my collection are the result of 'retail therapy', and will be sold on soon, hopefully to make way for a resonator guitar.

When you get nearer to buying an electric, have a look at a Washburn W165. It got a really good review in Guitarist magazine, and it's every bit as good as they said.

It feels like silk, it's got a great neck, and with it's twin Seymour Duncan humbuckers and Voice Control it can sound like a Strat or a Les Paul, and a few more in between.

Very good value as well.

Good luck with your playing, keep at it.

Thanks for the advice Geoff :D

I'm gonna start with a better acoustic (as it's my 40th next month I'm dropping hints everywhere) and perhaps get an electric towards the end of the year (well, it'll be almost Christmas then ;) ).........the Washburn sounds good so I'll look into that.

Cheers

Tracy

I'm gonna start with a better acoustic (as it's my 40th next month I'm dropping hints everywhere)

It sounds like Guitar-life begins at 40 for you Tracy. Good luck, I hope you get the ones you want.

Geoff :yes:

It sounds like Guitar-life begins at 40 for you Tracy. Good luck, I hope you get the ones you want.

Geoff :yes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicely put Geoff..!! Hope I don't break any copyright laws here but I'm gonna use that myself..!! :D

Geoff,

love the AMI, I play a ART as well and if she sounds half a good as mine she'll give you joy for the rest of your life...

My mom used to say that you dont start playing piano on a Grand piano, so why would you want a better guitar to learn on... my answer was always, "cause it plays better, easier and it gives you bragging rights..." Hope you find the same from your AMI...

Oh by the way look after that satin finnish... It tends to go shiny after a while. It adds character but the longer you have it matt the nicer i think it would be...

Geoff,

love the AMI, I play a ART as well and if she sounds half a good as mine she'll give you joy for the rest of your life...

Thanks WernHalen, I appreciate your comments. She does sound really sweet, and looks better than the pic shows. Thanks for the tip about the satin finish too, it looks great at the moment.

Hope I can make use of the bragging rights soon .............:showoff:

PS Do me a favour, go for a ride in the bush tomorrow in that jeep of yours, and think of me. I envy your life style. ;)

Here is a real sweetheart! The Washburn N4 ESA (Nuno Bettencourt)Model. She has a fast neck with extremely easy access to the higher frets. She also has a Floyd Rose with a Feiten Tuning System. She is dressed with Swamp ash and to help her out with her tone, a Bill Lawrence bridge pickup and a Seynour Duncan59 pickup at her neck.

Hi Buddy !!!

I'm really-really sorry to be late here. :(

Your Guitars are Lovely... So happy for you Pal :yes:

Thanks for caring and sharing the pics. Hope you Learn and Enjoy the new one very much.

Lots of Luv and Care

Your Buddy

Kush

I'm really-really sorry to be late here. :(

Thanks Kush.

Don't be sorry, you've got lots of good reasons for being late now. :)

Love to you and yours,