Varun Sharma

Anyone got Rocksmith Yet?

Stu74    35

When i 1st heard about it i was excited and thought as soon as comes out in England i would buy it.

I read a lot of reviews about it and quite a few people that already play guitar gave it bad reviews so it has put me off buying it.I will have to try it out sometime so i can make my own

mind up.

Well according to me its quite sexy for practice purposes.... not meant to be the only source of learning guitar but its really fun to play along!! You can check, many reviewers have gave it a great response.... Just a few idiots were stupid enough to rate it bad....

Stu74    35

Some people have said the latency is pretty bad and takes some getting used to.Also ive heard you can get really good and confident on rocksmith with practice and then when you plug into a real amp you sound like shit.

I have read loads of good reviews aswell though.

Did you have any problems with setting it up for your tv?

I have setup like this

HDMI to tv (Sony Bravia) for video (TV is in game mode)

Component cables to home theater for audio

So no lag ;)

And you should try real amp from time to time to fine-tune ur skills, and they might sound shit as in the game u r backed up by other instruments too plus u get a good processor hand in hand... You should reduce the volume of other audio and let ur guitar volume to be 100 in game to get better audio of what u r playing....

GeoNjules    17

I agree its a good practice suppelment.

And the audio problem is latency, not lag (big difference) which is fixed with audio setup as mentioned before.

I highly recommend the game/tool.

• Like 1

Stu74    35

It does sound like a great idea but was just put off it after hearing so many bad things about it.

I am very tempted to buy it now.My son wont be pleased though when i keep taking over his xbox

I also have a sony bravia tv just need to buy some good external speakers.

• Like 1

macandrita    2

Hi Guys,

Just ordered the PC version over fleabay and it's coming from the UK so it should be availble there. Some fleabayers are trying to charge more than new price but stores over here are already out of stock. Now just have to wait for delivery. Should make Christmas interesting.

Mac

• Like 1

Yea best of luck guy ;)

and my secndary sources are -

Guthrie Govan - Creative Guitar 1 - Cutting-Edge Techniques

Creative Guitar 2: Advanced Techniques

metal guitar (2 volumes) by troy stetina

And youtube videos downloaded and stored on my ps3

Gear -

Aria stg-006

Marshall Cdr15

Digitech RP255

First time I have seen the package, looks like a cool idea in getting started.

Yea, if they enlarge their music library then i think its better to use rocksmith than rockband or guitar hero as you will be learning the real thing....

GeoNjules    17

Yea, if they enlarge their music library then i think its better to use rocksmith than rockband or guitar hero as you will be learning the real thing....

Check out the song "Well Ok Honey" by Jenny O. Never heard it before the "game". Now its one of my favorites, and its pretty easy to play (chord version)......Heres the video link.

The first link below are the songs that come in the game, and the second, a download song list that you pay for.

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US/tracklist/index.aspx

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US/downloads/index.aspx

pHGTRSpider    32

Saw it at local electronics store a few days ago, checked it out on the net but have not purchased as the reviews said it still had a ways to go. What's the experience like, does it push too fast or change skills level too quickly? I'd like to purchase for my son's Xmas present. Thanks.

Stu74    35

In this months Total Guitar magazine they take a good look at Rocksmith.

3 people try it out and give there views of the game.A guitar teacher,a proffesional guitarist and a guy who has never played a guitar before.

I have to say im not convinced to buy it.It is a great idea though and i would definately encourage my son to play Rocksmith over guitar hero anyday.

GeoNjules    17

The skill level changes on the fly.

Its throws a few notes at you first, if you hit those they throw a few more at you. If you mess up it will take notes away.

So, there are no difficulty "levels" at all, the game adjust itself on how well you are doing.

The good thing is if you know the song, you can play all the notes even if they are not coming up on the game yet -with no penalty.

You can even improvise as long as you hit the right notes when it calls for it.

I love the software because it got me doing somthing I've been lacking on......LEARNING ACTUAL SONGS!

The mini-games are alot of fun too as they teach technique, chords, and scales.

Heres a link that explains it all in greater detail.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/rocksmith_Games_review

pHGTRSpider    32

That's a pretty good review for it. I should say my son already plays piano, just passed his 4th grade AMEB exams, i.e. he can play piano well. Both of my sons can, I'm a bad father who insists on them having music in their lives. They consider it a small price to play so they can surf, play footy, tennis, skate and be boys!

I would play this rocksmith game as well, I learn songs all the time, this week alone I have learnt three, heart shaped box - nirvana (took a while to find the notes, tuned down E-flat and dropped D tuning) & paranoid android - radiohead (still working on that one, interesting guitarist Johnny Greenwood) and the piano duet song with the big and little iPad from that TV ad. I think looks like rocksmith would be a reasonable xmas gift, especially for any wet days stuck inside might get them started.

• Like 1