ronnie

giving guitar lessons

ronnie    4

my 10 year old grand son ask if I would teach him to play guitar, I am not a teacher but i told him iwould try, but only if he wold practice at least one hour a day. today was the third lesson and I was am pleasantly supprised, he can already play amazing grace in g, c and d, I know there are more chords in the song but Im just trying to teach basis chords first . I always hoped one of my grand kids would play guitar. I just hope he will stay with it. any helpful suggestions from you guys are welcome.

Ronnie

• Like 1

Stu74    35

My son is 9 and dosnt want to play guitar but he is always asking me to learn songs by boy bands like One direction and The Wanted so he can sing along while i play.

If your grandson starts loosing interest in playing the guitar maybe try learning to play one of his favourite pop songs to re kindle his interest.

karcey    42

Good on you Ronnie.

To help someone realize that making music is possible, is a gift that will last a lifetime. Don't be concerned if his interest waxes and wanes. Now he knows he can do it, he'll be able to pick it up again anytime for the rest of his life.

carol m    64

Yes great news Ronnie. It's great that he asked you - that shows some real interest at least. Much better than trying to encourage/push someone - that never lasts if they don't have self generated interest.

ronnie    4

thanks guys , yes I waited untill he asked me, I wanted it to be his idea, I have hoped one of my grandsons would play guitar , Im proud to say after 4 lessons he is doing great. I stress to him that practice is the key to becoming a good guitar player. guitar has been a part of my life since Iwas very young, my dad played, and my son plays, and now my grand son, I am proud of them both

Ronnie