JoeDirtRC

Locking Tuners for Charvel

JoeDirtRC    0

Recently bought a Charvel Desolation DS-3 guitar. Everything is great on it except the tuners. I was pretty much planning on replacing them with locking ones anyway. Does anyone know of a locking tuner that can be installed on newer Charvel guitars that fits the guitar without any re-drilling of the headstock? If not, which locking tuners (Planet Waves, Schaller, Sperzel, Grover, etc.) are the easiest to install?

JoeDirtRC    0

Seems like I've seen a closeup of the back of the headstock on another site that sells the guitar. I'll either find that or take a picture myself. Thanks

Take a picture of the head as clear and as straight as possible so we can see. Just one close-up. I cant fine one on their site.

JoeDirtRC    0

Here's a pretty good shot of the back of the headstock using my camera phone. From what I've been able to tell, it looks like Schaller sells a locking tuner that might match. These are black nickel according to Charvel. They look chrome to me. I would actually like to go with black. That particular Schaller locker only comes in chrome, but if it bolts right up then that might be best. The Schallers are also a little priceier.

I've also looked at Planet Waves. I'm travelling to an area where the Guitar Center has the chrome Planet Waves Trim Lok tuners in stock, so I guess I'll get to look at those close up. Those are a little cheaper. I can also get those in black if I wanted. I imagine I would wind up have to drill them though. Let me know what you think.

post-122951-0-83670200-1349272889.jpg

eddiez152    129

Great pic. K like those black chrome finishes. Now ai can get a dimension from this.

JoeDirtRC. Must be into RC racing fun.

Here is a picture on the Grovers The closest thing i could find with rotation screw hole. Consider the idea that maybe the inner locking post maybe replaced from one head to the other.

rhttp://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Grover_Tuners/Grover_Mini_Locking_Tuning_Machines_3L3R.html?actn=100101&xst=3&xsr=963&tab=Pictures

Here are the specs.

http://www.stewmac.c...r=963&tab=Specs

eddiez152    129

I would pull the guts out of a locking set and see if they would fit into the one's you have. If the gears are the same diameter it should work unless the whole body is assembled in a different way.