No escape from reality

Open your eyes

Look up to the skies and see

I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy

Because I'm easy come, easy go

Little high, little low

Any way the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me

carol m    64

Norma Waterson's reply to a letter written by Joe Haynes soon after Freddy died.

Not an ordinary fella, center stage -

His like will never come again.

No one will ever, take his place

micky mac    14

he was one of my favourite singers and favourite bands to.First time i really listened to them my music teacher at school let me borrow an album of theres to copy to tape at home and i played that tape to death.I actually met that teacher in the pub last year and told him i was playing guitar now and he could'nt believe it i was more interested in messing at school than really learning music.

Stu74    35

Micky i was the same i just messed about.All the rich kids got to play the real instruments and i was left with a triangle if i was lucky.My music teacher tryed to teach us how to read music but made it sound so complicated i lost interest.The problem is when kids are bored they end up messing around.

A few years ago a young guy i worked with who plays the piano taught me more in half an hour about reading music than my whole time at school.

Going back to queen my favourite albums are the 1st 2 albums Queen and Queen 2 (not to be confussed with Greatest hits 1 & 2) Also A Day At The Races is absolutely brilliant.

A Night At The Opera is the iconic album that put queen on the map but for me the 3 albums i mention are my favourites.

Stu74    35

I have just rememberd an interview i heard on the radio years ago.It was Noddy Holder talking about how Robert Plant,Ozzy Osbourne and himself used to travel from Birmingham to London to buy costumes and clothes for there gigs.One of the places they used to go to was a stall on a market that was run by a shy young asian lad called Farookh Bulsara.Noddy said how Farookh used to say he was going to be a singer in a band.They laughed at him and teased him but Farookh told them he would one day be in the greatest band in the world playing in front of massive crowds of fans.

micky mac    14

i think it was the greatest hits album i borrowed.

i actually watched the queen and paul rodgers concert last nite i know hes not freddy but man he can sing them queen songs you should check it out if you havent already heard it.

Stu74    35

Paul Rogers does perform the songs well.I love his voice but i much preffer him in the early 70s with Free ( i am not so mad about Bad Company)

My wife nearly orderd us tickets to see Queen with Paul Rogers a few years ago but i couldnt bring myself to do it.I know it might sound sad but without Freddie Mercury and John Deacon there it just wouldnt be the same.

Micky if you have only really listened to the greatest hits albums you have only scratched the surface.They have done so many great albums.I have around 25 Queen LPs and there isnt a bad song on 1 of them.As long as you keep away from the albums Hot Space and Flash.These really wernt the best.I do have them on tape but never botherd buying them on vinal or cd