Ahmed MacTavish

D'addario ej47 VS ej45 , which is better ? and is there any difference?

im going to buy Yamaha C40 classical guitar and im going to buy strings with it

ej47 and ej45 strings are at the same price

im just a beginner and this is my first time to buy a guitar

the strings i want to buy are normal tension , im afraid if i buy hard tension strings they would damage my guitar on the long run

i dont know what is the best for me since this is my first time to play a guitar should i buy also hard strings ?

eddiez152    129

The ej45 strings are silver plated copper wound nylon (softer warm tone) like a traditional classical guitar

The ej47 strings are bronze wound nylon with a warm but (brilliant tone) more like an acoustic guitar

They are all the same size and tension.

carol m    64

Yes, what Eddie said - for anyone other than a very experienced player, it will make no difference to the sound or the ease of playing.

Why not buy one set of each and see if you think you can find any difference at all?

karcey    42

G'day Ahmed, welcome to our community.

Just to add a bit to Eddie's answer, at this stage in your music career, it doesn't matter what strings you buy. Your ears aren't tuned yet, and you have far more important things to concentrate on than the very subtle differences in tone you'd experience on your C40. It isn't an instrument that demands a particular type of string. For my guitars, I use ordinary, inexpensive, soft strings on my plywood guitar and soft or medium, better quality strings on my solid tops.

How about you get a set of 45s and a set of 47s. Put the 47s on first and play them until you feel you need to change. Then put the 45s on. I'd be very surprised if you can pick the difference, and even more surprised if it matters to you!

I've just seen that Carol has answered you too. I think we're all saying the same thing, concentrate on learning first and your C40 will be good for that. Experiment with strings later when you have a guitar that will respond more to different strings.

Keep in touch.

karcey    42

theres also the d'addario EJ27N they are cheaper but im afraid to buy them because i read a review that syas they sound dull and they are no good

should i buy them or just buy the ej47 and ej45 ???

The folk who write the reviews are nit pickers who test the strings on very sensitive instruments, and even then can't agree with each other. You're a beginner like me. Spend your money on important things like lessons.

For the record, I've never found a set of strings that made my playing sound bad!

carol m    64

Lucky you, Karcey! I buy strings and expect my sound to improve - sadly I still get is the same old fumbles, buzzes and squeaks. But, new strings do have the effect of making me want to practice more, so that's good. And if I keep at it, my sound does improve....but by then, of course, it's with old strings.

scotty_b    16

It is always good top consider who has written the review. Are they reputable? is it someone voicing their opinion on a website (such as this) where many views are expressed and whilst that is a wonderful thing, they reflect personal bias and experience. The reviewer of the strings may not be that knowledgeable in the first place but the net, being what it is, could have them sounding like the greatest review of all time.

Good advice from Karcey and Carol - go with their thoughts.

Doug    12

It'd be cool to buy both packages and interleave them. Copper silver copper. Or silver, copper,silver. Personally, my guitar has copper copper silver. But that's just because one string broke the other day and I only had the silver strings kicking around. It is esthetically pleasing tho'.

-Doug

mattz196    15

It'd be cool to buy both packages and interleave them. Copper silver copper. Or silver, copper,silver. Personally, my guitar has copper copper silver. But that's just because one string broke the other day and I only had the silver strings kicking around. It is esthetically pleasing tho'.

-Doug

Great idea Doug , best of both worlds toneally any you'll look very cool.

eddiez152    129

EJ45 and EJ47 - Both sets of strings are a normal tension, and like the others have already mentioned, you probably will notice little or any difference.