7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   scotty_b

Lesson Contributor

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,450 posts
  • Joined 22-January 06

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

With my DT-25 amp and POD HD500.
The playing is a little sloppy but I am pretty happy with the tone. The audio is just straight off the camera I used.

#2 OFFLINE   mset3

• Members
  • 1,309 posts
  • Joined 27-June 11

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

Scotty,

Great tone!

Mike

#3 OFFLINE   fly135

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 2,512 posts
  • Joined 14-February 06

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

Sounds great. I hear nothing but raves about how awesome the DT and HD combination is.

#4 OFFLINE   scotty_b

Lesson Contributor

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,450 posts
  • Joined 22-January 06

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

Thanks guys
Yes I think the DT is a great amp. Took me a little while to learn everything but I feel like I am really getting somewhere now with it all. I have a 59 Marshall Plexi sound that is just awesome. I'm using the OD of the amp and then external pedals for more gain. My last board had pedals on it and I'm so used to the sound now that I haven't thought about playing with the POD overdrives...just keep using what I know and like!
Attached File  pedals.jpg   131.98K   0 downloads

The Eric Johnson Fuzz Face is very new. Hadn't really planned for it so I'll be building a new pedalboard now!

#5 OFFLINE   micky mac

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 661 posts
  • Joined 08-October 07

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

sounds good scotty how are you enjoying the fuzz? i love the tweak fuzz what do you think about the Satchurator i had a tossup between that and the tweakfuzz i think ill buy one in the near future.
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. B.B. King

#6 OFFLINE   scotty_b

Lesson Contributor

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,450 posts
  • Joined 22-January 06

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:05 AM

I have used the fuzz pedal a couple of times at gigs. Really like it for some lead breaks. The Satchurator was actually given to me...I really like it for what it does and matched with my Ibanez s470DXQM (with Dimarzios) it really works well. I tend not to use it with my strat or tele. The Hotcake pedal is a really nice heavy overdrive and lets me approach a very smooth and full singing lead tone. Also works very well with my Les Paul for slide. And the BBE Boosta is just a clean volume host but it does wonders for playing bluesy breaks with just a slight amount of bite.
One of the really cool things with the POD and DT-25 is that while the power amp stage is fully valve the preamp section can be controlled from the POD. I can select an amp and patch and the power section of the DT-25 reconfigures itself to match up to what it should be...so if going from a Fender Twon to a Marshall Plexi to a Vox AC30 the power amp stage automatically reconfigures itself to be Class A or Class A/B and pentode/triode. The negative feedback topology also changes to correspond to the actual preamp i am running from the HD500.
Amazing stuff!

#7 OFFLINE   micky mac

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 661 posts
  • Joined 08-October 07

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

sounds like a great setup scotty
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. B.B. King

#8 OFFLINE   scotty_b

Lesson Contributor

• Lesson Contributors

• 2,450 posts
  • Joined 22-January 06

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:57 AM

Yeah it works well for me. Just picked up a Univibe clone today as well - can't wait to get that in there!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users