Bleed through and Latency in Audacity

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Andy S

• Active Members

• 878 posts
  • Joined 26-November 05

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

Folks, I don't recall this happening before on my older, slower computer. I just imported a song to Audacity as a backing track. I then recorded a new track. It seemed in sync. On playback, it starts out ok, but then sounds like the new track falls beind, more and more as it goes along.

I did go to the Audacity site and found a test for latency and supposedly how to adjust it, but cannot find the controls under the audacity preferences they refer to. Also, if I mute the backing track, it can STILL be heard in the track I laid down, which was just my electric guitar. It's going through a V-amp, into a mixer , then into the input. Prior to this PC, I had the V-amp going direct to the PC and don't recall hearing the original track in the new track. I even deleted the backing track so it was just the new track and the original backing track is still heard in teh new recording.

Needless to say, I am a bit puzzled. I am going to try the V-amp direct this time and see if that makes a diff. But I have checked all the settings for the PC and all seem to be set according to the Audacity suggestions. Any ideas, I'd appreciate!
Andy S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users