mattz196

Good Advice

starsailor    20

Can't say I clean my guitar that thoroughly that often but I always give it a bit of a dust and wipe the strings down before I play or after I've finished always carry a cloth with me, and give it a good service every few months, my electric which I don't play as often as my acoustic lives in it's case, if you don't play some very often it's better to keep them cased or dust them down more often as that dust builds up quicker on the ones you don't play and just isn't good for them.

Stu74    35

Im the same i keep my good electric guitar in its case most of the time to keep it clean and protected.I give my guitars a really good clean everytime i change the strings.

gavster23    0

I clean my strings regularly with surgical spirit and cotton wool... It makes a horrible squeaky sound - I pour a bit of surgical spirit onto a blob of cotton wool then pinch each string and slide it up and down twice, making sure the underside of the strings are reached, what comes off is finger grime and and oxidisation deposits that have started to form on the strings, it keeps them sounding nice and they hardly ever snap. hope this is of use to someone...

Stu74    35

I might try that gavster.I have to admit i think i do neglect the strings a bit.I clean my guitars but dont pay much attention to cleaning the strings.Because i change the strings regularly i figured i dont need to clean them but i think its just lazyness on my part.