- - - - -

Guitar stand?

5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stu74

• Active Members
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

I already have 2 guitar stands that support the neck of the guitar.Now i am looking at buying a new stand off the internet for my new guitar.The stand needs to be small and fold up because the guitar isnt going to be out on show all the time. I wonderd how safe the smaller stands that dont support the neck are.Can the guitar be knocked off the stand easily? as i do have a hectic 9 year old running around a lot.
If any one has got a stand that dosnt support the neck what are your opinions on this?
Thanks
Stu

#2 OFFLINE   gasbag

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 420 posts
  • Joined 31-January 08

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

My opinion, and we all know how valuable that is, is I wouldn't use one.
My guitars are all on stands that support the neck mainly because I think they are more stable.
With a 9 year old running around I would probably lock them in a safe. :whistling

However, I also have use guitar hangers that mount on the wall that you hang your guitar from.
They have a rubber coated yoke to protect the neck and mount on a wall stud with two screws.
They are safe, the guitar is up and out of the way and it is still always there to play at your convenience.
They cost well under $10 too.
If it's tourist season why can't you hunt them?

#3 OFFLINE   Stu74

• Active Members
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

I do keep my new guitar in its hard case 90% of the time but sometimes if i have a few days off work i like to have it in easy reach to just pick up and play rather than packed away.
The wall hanger idea is good but for some reason my wife dosnt want any of my guitars hanging on the wall.She says i take over the house enough with my hobbies.

#4 OFFLINE   micky mac

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 661 posts
  • Joined 08-October 07

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

i keep mine hanging but i have a stand that i use that does'nt support the neck and its fairly safe i would'nt hesitate leaving it sitting in it and i have 3 kids under 8 and there all rough the only way they could knock it of the stand is from the back so i don't leave it out in the middle of the floor. funny my wife loves my guitars hanging from the walls she likes to look at them (but not so much hear them lol ) i have to polish them when we are getting visitors and its the first thing she shows off but when the visiters leave she don't what to hear them. :brickwall:
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. B.B. King

#5 OFFLINE   Stu74

• Active Members
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

I must admit i was suprised when my wife said she didnt want any guitars on the walls anywhere in the house.I have my accoustic on a stand permanantly in the living room and she thinks it looks nice and sometimes i have 1 of my electric guitars stood next to it without any complaints from her.

#6 OFFLINE   mset3

• Members
  • 1,306 posts
  • Joined 27-June 11

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

Stu,

I keep my acoustic guitars in the case to control the humidity. My solid body guitars are all on stands with a neck support. You never know when someone may bump against it.

Mike

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users