Godin XTSA

i picked this up today for an overnight trial if i like it im going to swap my strat for it. it has 2 humbuckers a single coil and an acoustic piezo pickup and a synth pickup ive only really tried the acoustic on it yet and it sounds great the neck is really wide wider than my last acoustic so that will take a bit of getting used to but for my fat fingers i think it will hepl lol.

does anyone else on here have one of these or similar.

post-29436-0-43692000-1336751601.jpg

post-29436-0-89023500-1336751639.jpg

Very Nice!!! I have heard nothing but great things about Godin guitars! From the quality of the construction to the tone to the playability. Sweet!!

Micky it looks much nicer in these pictures than the smaller ones you showed me yesterday.It looks class. i especially love the colour.

aye cheers stu i took these pics myself the other ones were to dark to see the finish properly.

mike have you played one yet it is an impresive guitar the feel and sound is like none of the other guitars i've owned or played the fretboard is nearly flat and the strings are farther apart which i will hopefully get used to i don't think its a really fast guitar but i can't play fast anyway so that wont matter to me and the fretboard is like a mirror.ill post a clip of some strumming with it in the next couple of days to give you an idea what it sounds like but you'll have to bear in mind that i don't play very well anyway. most of the clips i could find on utube were demo's of playing through a synth and they sound amazing.I think that will be my next present haven't told the wife yet she thinks everything i bring home is going to be the last :yes:

Micky Mac,

No, I have not played one yet. The next time I go to a Guitar Center, I will have to check it out. I'd be curious to see how well the synth pickup tracks. Looking forward to your video clip.

Mike

Micky Mac,

No, I have not played one yet. The next time I go to a Guitar Center, I will have to check it out. I'd be curious to see how well the synth pickup tracks. Looking forward to your video clip.

Mike

sorry mike no clips coming i returned it this morning it just wouldnt stay in tune and i didnt want to pay 100 quid for a setup its a shame to because it was the nicest guitar ive played so far.

For what it's worth, there still may be hope for that guitar. It's too attractive to just walk away from.

Sometimes it's just the strings settling in that causes guitars to go out of tune. The timber doesn't change shape and the tuners don't mysteriously unwind. But the strings stretch as they settle in, and not necessarily at the same rate either.

Since that shop is obviously keen to help, explain to them that the guitar goes out of tune. They might be prepared to tune it over a few days so the strings stretch. Next time you pick it up, it could hold tune and once again be the guitar of your dreams.

I'm inclined to think that a brand like that isn't going to be so faulty as to require you to spend so much cash to make it right.

Tuning wise the xTSA is a bit idiosyncratic, this guy had a problem with it but found a way round it micky just depends if you want to do what he did or if you think it's worth the hassle. It's a nice guitar but a guitar with a mind of it's own can be a bit of a pain. This is an excellent guitar review, hope it helps a bit.

http://way.net/waymusic/?p=312

Karcey and chris it was'nt a shop it was a site here in ireland where you sell-swap stuff i know what you's are saying but the thing that really put me of is the guy bought it 6 months ago got it set up got the bridge blocked and had it up for sale a few months later.plus my strat plays like a dream so i would'nt get rid of it unless i got something perfect and not needing any work done.

Karcey and chris it was'nt a shop it was a site here in ireland where you sell-swap stuff i know what you's are saying but the thing that really put me of is the guy bought it 6 months ago got it set up got the bridge blocked and had it up for sale a few months later.plus my strat plays like a dream so i would'nt get rid of it unless i got something perfect and not needing any work done.

I think you made the right decision Micky, maybe he had a problem with tuning that could be why he was passing it on which isn't very cool if he did, if you're comfortable with your strat there's no point in replacing it with a guitar that you lack confidence in, no point having a good looking guitar if it sucks, bit like having a Porsche with a dodgy engine :)

Micky Mac,

You did the right thing. If you weren't comfortable with it, it doesn't make sense to keep it. I wasn't aware of the tuning idiosyncrasies.

Mike

lads it was a beauty and felt great only thing let it down was the tuning. the tuners even felt cheaper than my epi les paul.

anyway i have a new one tonight an epi wildcat its a beauty ill have to raise the strings a bit tomorrow but apart fron that it feels good and a jackson bass guitar ive wanted a bass for a while now just could'nt justify buying one now all i need is a bass amp lol.will put some pictures up tomorrow

cheers eddie but shes gone.Carol im obsessed can't help it heres the wildcat but its a gonner today i really don't like it it feels to small and tinny like a toy and the bass im keeping it a new obsesion for me lol.

post-29436-0-70280400-1337086002.jpg

post-29436-0-56669800-1337086035.jpg

The Epi wildcat looks like a good guitar - I suppose it shows you just have to play them to know them.....isn't that a song? No, it's 'To know, know, know him, Is to love, love, love him.....and I do.....yes I do....etc. Where did that come from? Weird. Sorry. :)

aye they are all very different and everyone has different ideas what looks and sounds good to them i would have bought that wildcat of the internet no problem cause its a beauty but then your stuck with it because there's nothing wrong with it apart from the fact i did'nt like to play it so you really should try before you buy.