platinumdj

Fender HSS Strat and Marshall Amp

I'm relatively new to the electric guitar, but have strummed an acoustic for years. As a newbie, I bought a Silvertone Citation and a small 10 watt amp.I've had them about a year, and my playing is coming along nicely, so I have reached the point where I want to upgrade to a Fender HSS Stratocaster and a 100 watt Marshall MG101CFX carbon fiber amp.My question is: is it too early for such an upgrade? I am very serious about the guitar, but I don't plan on playing any live gigs for a very long time. Will I notice a huge difference in quality going from the cheap Silvertone to a Strat?

Platinumdj,

For someone who is serious about playing the guitar, it is never to early to upgrade. In my opinion, you will notice difference in the sound quality. I know you will enjoy it.

Mike

If your serious and have got the money to spare go for it.Im sure you will notice the difference with better quality gear.With my limited experience 1 main thing i have found is a good amp can make massive difference.My guitar teacher has a big old marshall valve amp(not sure of the model) but it makes my cheap strat sound brilliant.

100 watts is very loud though but atleast you know youve got plenty of volume in reserve if you ever need it.

I appreciate the input guys. The guitar is 499.00 and the amp is 499.00, but there a couple of places where you can divide the cost into 3-4 payments. You just pay the first installment when you place the order, and they go ahead and ship the gear to you.