- - - - -

My Simple Setup

4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CRJones

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 28-April 12

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

:leadguitar: I just got a Cordoba C5-CETBK acoustic-electric nylon-string guitar and a Fender Mustang I amp. The Cordoba sounds great plugged in or unplugged. The Fender is cool because it is small and can be connected to my computer - you can have up to 24 effects settings. I have a MacBook Air that has a program called GarageBand on it that I use to record. Simple, I know, but as a beginner, I am having a great time with it!!! I am waiting on a cable that will connect my guitar directly to my computer. That should be fun, too.

#2 OFFLINE   karcey

• Active Members

• 1,329 posts
  • Joined 02-January 06

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:39 AM

G'day CRJones, Welcome to our community.
I came so very close to buying a Cordoba C5-CE. I would've had it except I couldn't arrange transport in the limited time I had available. Poor excuse I know. It was in my hands and I wanted it, but the best thay could offer me was one sent from another store that I didn't have a chance to hold first. So I went to another store and bought something else.
I seem to remember that my experiments plugging directly into the computer didn't sound as good as going from the guitar to the amp and then to the computer. It'll be interesting to find out what your experience is.
In the meantime, keep in touch.
"The music matters more than the instrument on which we play it." Jason W. Solomon

#3 OFFLINE   CRJones

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 28-April 12

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:04 AM

I just got a Stealth Plug interface cable yesterday. That should help the sound I think. I hope. Have not had a chance to try it out yet. Waking the neighbors in the wee hours of the morning and all that... :guitardude: For some reason, that is frowned upon...

#4 OFFLINE   karcey

• Active Members

• 1,329 posts
  • Joined 02-January 06

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:48 AM

View PostCRJones, on 04 May 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

For some reason, that is frowned upon...
I can't for the life of me imagine why. Maybe if you just turn the big knob a little to the left you'll be able to explore the possibilities during the dark hours. Everyone knows, that's when we make the best music. Oh yes. Your next purchase has to be headphones. That's so you can take a little sound, crank it up till it makes the walls shake, then cut it back until only you can hear it. Seems like the long way around, but everyone seems to do it.
We'll still want to know how you get on, so keep in touch.
"The music matters more than the instrument on which we play it." Jason W. Solomon

#5 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,009 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

Congrats to ya ,and simple is good.
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users