- - - - -

Teaching Myself to Play the Guitar

5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CRJones

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 28-April 12

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

Hi, my name is C.R. I am teaching myself to play the guitar and have been playing since the end of February 2012. I started on a 3/4 size Ibanez, but just got a full-size Cordoba C5-CE acoustic-electric nylon string yesterday. My Fender amp came, too. I am really having fun with this setup so far. I played until my callouses were sore last night and will probably spend most of the day today enjoying my new guitar and amplifier. I fingerpick (of course) and have been making a lot of progress. I read music and tab, and can also play by ear, which is a lot of fun. I like rock, bluegrass, folk, gospel, and a variety of other music. I am just in the beginning stages of my "career" in my early 30's, but I think this will be a great thing to pursue. I find it to be extremely relaxing to play the guitar. I do play the guitar a lot when I am stressed. I have many questions about it, but I am learning and that sense of accomplishment is very fulfilling as well. Hopefully that is an adequate introduction. I am not accustomed to forums, so I am not sure how to do a lot of this, but if I mess something up, please tell me so that I can learn to do it the right way. Thanks, everybody! :clap: :smilinguitar:

#2 OFFLINE   Stu74

• Active Members
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

Welcome CR.
Sounds like you have got the bug for the guitar.Learning guitar is a constant process as i have found.You have come to a great place for help and advice or just general chat about guitar.Enjoy :)

#3 OFFLINE   mattz196

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 2,518 posts
  • Joined 31-July 06

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

Welcome to the forum CR
What's Rangoon to you is Grafton to me

#4 OFFLINE   mset3

• Members
  • 1,234 posts
  • Joined 27-June 11

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

CRJones,

Welcome to the forum. You're off to a great start. Let us know, if you have any questions.

Mike

#5 OFFLINE   CRJones

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 28-April 12

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

I am learning to play "Classical Gas" right now. Slow going, but I can play parts of it. I feel pretty good about that!

#6 OFFLINE   mset3

• Members
  • 1,234 posts
  • Joined 27-June 11

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

C.R.,

You picked a good one to learn. I think it is a little advanced for a beginner, but stick with it and you will have it in no time.

Mike

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users