* * * * * 1 votes

Introducing My Child Prodigy - He's Only Played Guitar For 1 Year!

child guitar prodigy

8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SchoolRockers1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 25-March 12

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

Child guitar prodigy & kindergartener perform "I Want My MTV" guitar solo at elementary school variety show & rock audience in 2012! His birthday is coming up and I'm looking to upgrade his amp and get him some gear to encourage his development. Any recommendations? I don't know anything about guitar ...

#2 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,028 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Kids, Isn't that great. Congrats, the rest is up to his desires.
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#3 OFFLINE   SchoolRockers1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 25-March 12

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Awesome compliment :yes: will let the boys know you like their performance!

My little guitarist is plugging away - he deserves an upgrade for his bday ... Any recommendations for a new AMP are greatly appreciated!

#4 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,028 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

Let him do so some research and then recommendations within your budget guidelines of course. He will search the net and seek opinions before he makes his choices.
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#5 OFFLINE   SchoolRockers1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 25-March 12

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

That would be a great learning experience for him, and I don't know what I'm doing anyway!

But then there would be no big surprise for his bday ... will think about it, though - it's an interesting idea to have him do the research/selection :-)

I just want to make the right choice for the upgrade and don't want to regret the purchase. Thanks!

#6 OFFLINE   allthumbs

• Active Members

• 16,550 posts
  • Joined 11-February 05

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

Hehe. Kids are so cute. Unless they play better than me!! :rolleyes:

#7 OFFLINE   Stu74

• Active Members
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

I wish i had started playing at his age.

Maybe you can do a little research for him.You dont need to know much about amps or guitars yourself to do this.If you read reviews on the net you will soon get an idea of which amps are good and bad.Then once you decide you can also search for the best price.
If he is performing on stage like this regularly i would concider the power of the amplifier your going to get him.No point in getting him a really good amp if it is too small to be heard in a huge room with lots of people.On the other hand if he likes playing in his bedroom without headphones concider the neighbours.
Wish i could be more help but im a begginer myself and dont have much experience of using different guitar gear.

#8 OFFLINE   mset3

• Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • Joined 27-June 11

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

SchoolRockers,

I would let him pick out his own guitar. It wouldn't be a surprise, but half the fun is in choosing one. I picked out my Son's first guitar and he didn't like it. I picked it because it was something I liked and didn't take into consideration what he might want. Just a thought.

Mike

#9 OFFLINE   SchoolRockers1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 25-March 12

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

I'm looking to upgrad his amp only ... So thought it'd be good to ask around.

After he played for 3 months on a little Fender Squire mini 3/4 scale guitar - I was so impressed with his natural skill, I let him pick his 1st full scale guitar - he pick out his Fender Blacktop Stratocaster Double Humbucker that you see him playing in the video. You can also see he's playing on a little Fender Frontman 15G . He deserves an upgrade! Gotten sone recommendations from others for the Fender Super Champ X2, the Fender Pro Jr, and the Jet City Combo ...

Would love to hear what forum members think about a good next amp for his bday gift next month?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users