4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kirk Lorange

Site Founder

• Admin

• 4,243 posts
  • Joined 31-January 04

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

Study for the Right Hand: This Week's Free Finger-Style Lesson

This week I'm freeing up a lesson I did a while back. It's a piece I wrote specifically for the site that I call 'The Dawning'. It uses a lot of open strings in unusual ways. We usually associate open strings with fingerings down near the nut. This piece is played mostly up around the middle of the fretboard and a degree of concentration is needed to fit the open string notes into the melody line ... which is a good thing. The more you can get those right hand fingers to obey, the better. I included a slow-motion video of the right hand for this one.

Lesson: A study for the right hand - The Dawning

#2 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,012 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

Most certainly the Title is reflected in the music. Thank you for the lesson Kirk.
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#3 OFFLINE   Kirk Lorange

Site Founder

• Admin

• 4,243 posts
  • Joined 31-January 04

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

Thanks, Edward ...

#4 OFFLINE   Chelle E.

• Active Members

• 302 posts
  • Joined 14-September 08

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

Are there chord frames for these chords as fingered on the fretboard?
Movie goes too fast for me to see chord finger placement. Sorry, I don't read tab. Would very much like to learn this one.

#5 OFFLINE   Kirk Lorange

Site Founder

• Admin

• 4,243 posts
  • Joined 31-January 04

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

No, Chelle, sorry. The opening of the movie shows the chords shape in green dots. That applies to the repeat of the section that follows. The rest isn't really chords ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users