cover tune

27 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,020 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

Sometimes I got to break of country so this is one of those moments.

This is a first take and mix and the second Allan Taylor tune I have tried. I have been working on this for quite some time. I am still working on what key to finish it in. This my own arrangement,

Hopes you like it, and a big thank you for listening.

Guitar track and vocal on this one but the the final will have bass and some percussion.

http://soundclick.co...cfm?id=11502653
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#2 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,257 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:52 AM

That's great Eddie - I looooove it. Actually I like it just the way it is, without any bass or percussion, but that's just a personal preference. Very good job. :punk:
One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

#3 OFFLINE   micky mac

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 671 posts
  • Joined 08-October 07

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:39 AM

exellent playing eddie and nicely sung.how will you add the bass do you play bass or will you use some kind of program.
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. B.B. King

#4 OFFLINE   mset3

• Members
  • 1,382 posts
  • Joined 27-June 11

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

Eddie,

I also like it the way it is now. Very good!!

Mike

#5 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,020 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

Carol m,
Thank you for that lovely response. I need to do some work on it.

Mike,
Thank you for listening and response.
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#6 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,020 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

mickey,

I have (2) basses.
Ibanez ATK series (4)string solid body, and a Takamine Acoustic electric Bass (4)string.
I can take my recording and see all the notes played then create a bass tab to follow the music. Just a simple alternating bass arrangement nothing fancy.

#7 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,020 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

mickey,

I have (2) basses.
Ibanez ATK series (4)string solid body, and a Takamine Acoustic electric Bass (4)string.
I can take my recording and see all the notes played then create a bass tab to follow the music. Just a simple alternating bass arrangement nothing fancy.

#8 OFFLINE   hearinvoices

• Active Members
  • 754 posts
  • Joined 07-January 10

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

very nice eddie !
Sometimes I sit and think and sometimes I just sit . Mostly I just sit ..... I think

#9 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,020 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

Voices,
Thank you for listening. I did a redo on the take. Hopefully an improvement but not finished.

#10 ONLINE   gasbag

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 437 posts
  • Joined 31-January 08

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

That is very nice. Kind of gave me the feel of sitting around a campfire listening to some good music.
The sound is excellent. I am trying to get mine to approach what your guitar sounds like in this one.
I also agree with mset3 and carol, it is great just the way it is. :thumbup:
2 + 2 = 5 for very large amounts of 2

#11 OFFLINE   OldG

• Active Members
  • 761 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Again I must congratulate you on your work, Eddie! Your vocals are rich and guitar is sweet - are you using a different recording/mixing method?

And just to be different, I would like to hear some nice open complimentary bass and percussion with this....
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; None but ourselves can free our minds'.
Robert Nesta Marley 1945- 1981

#12 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,020 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

Gasbag,
I have always wanted to do a tune with that spanish flavor in there. There are still of lot of detail notes that I am not getting. But this one has a lot of double stops and triplets in there and I liked its laid back story telling feeling.

#13 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,020 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostOldG, on 14 March 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

Again I must congratulate you on your work, Eddie! Your vocals are rich and guitar is sweet - are you using a different recording/mixing method?

And just to be different, I would like to hear some nice open complimentary bass and percussion with this....

Mick,

Thank you for the compliment on this tune. As I mentioned to Gasbag, It still am not picking up all the notes I wanted to hear in this recording but there is something different in how I recorded it,

The only way I can get the feel in the tune I am looking for is to hum it while I am playing. I may change the meter some but I dont think it would feel the same had I done it to a click track for example. Although I am gonna try that as I work on the tune.
Now back to the humming part. (This time I plugged the guitar in) so I would sing it while I was playing. Then that allowed me to keep the vocal tracks separate of the guitar track and allow me to automate the guitar track volume
in the places where I sang and not.
In a live performance it is much easier. If I do a video, I will do this one as a live performance.
On the bass track, this tune is done in F# for my vocals. I am working on the bass and plan to post it when ready.

Thank you for having a listen.

eddie

#14 ONLINE   mattz196

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 2,534 posts
  • Joined 31-July 06

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

Really nice Eddie
What's Rangoon to you is Grafton to me

#15 OFFLINE   micky mac

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 671 posts
  • Joined 08-October 07

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

View Posteddiez152, on 13 March 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

mickey,

I have (2) basses.

nice eddie ive thought about buying a bass a few times but just can't justify it untill i get better on guitar first plus the wife would kill me if after practicing the guitar for a few hours i pluged in a bass guitar and started again. :whip: :yes:
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. B.B. King

#16 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,020 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:02 AM

Mattz,
Thank you for having a listen.
Mickey.
I survived. I don't condone insanity though.

OldG
Mick I added some percussion and a Bass track. Let me now how I did.

http://soundclick.co...cfm?id=11530961

#17 OFFLINE   allthumbs

• Active Members

• 16,550 posts
  • Joined 11-February 05

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

That is awesome eddiez. congrats

#18 OFFLINE   OldG

• Active Members
  • 761 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hey Eddie,
Lovely bass that sits in the mix... I like that a lot! The percussion works well also. I really like this track -Great feel and atmosphere.

Do me one little favour though... would you be good enough to zoom in on the vocal track at around 3.21 and chop the noise after the vocal?If that was gone I could just lose myself in the song without any distraction. ( Iknow I'm sounding very picky here, but I'm under the impression you like your work to be the best it can be. :))

Once again,Great work!

Cheers
Mick
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; None but ourselves can free our minds'.
Robert Nesta Marley 1945- 1981

#19 OFFLINE   micky mac

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 671 posts
  • Joined 08-October 07

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

oldg is right it is a lovely song you could sure get lost in it.

#20 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,020 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

Allthumbs,

Thank you for dropping in and that wonderful review.

Mick ,
Thank you for your information and I went over this a number of times. I dont know how to exactly get rid of noise but what I did do was go to that section and carefully cut out that pop and the result is a micro second of air or quiet but it I think you will hear the difference and is better.
The bass notes are pretty much C# F# G# and on occasion a Bb and Db drops in there.

Micky,
Thank you again for your listening support.

Here is the new version.

http://soundclick.co...cfm?id=11530961

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users