33 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,027 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

Todd,

Thanks for dropping a line. I will be working on this including some (Key) changes. This one is my own arrangement but I want to review Kirks Lesson so I can see how to add some of his music color in there. Chord tones, is the answer.

Dad
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#22 OFFLINE   paulg1630

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 17-November 11

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

good job i too learnt this spent about 2 weeks learning it.i better record it not posted any songs here yet

#23 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,257 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

Very nice Eddie, I really enjoyed that. :claping:
One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

#24 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,027 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

Paul,

Thank you for having a listen.

Carol m,
And I thank you too for listening and the nice comment. I need to expand on it and work in some Key changes.
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#25 OFFLINE   starsailor

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 6,878 posts
  • Joined 03-February 07

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

Like this Eddie, it is beautiful, cool arrangement :thumbup:
You don't stop laughing when you grow old; you grow old when you stop laughing.

#26 OFFLINE   micky mac

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 672 posts
  • Joined 08-October 07

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

sounds great eddie the first one was great to i don't know what i was talking about.i guess i should'nt be allowed to comment on anything at night full of beer lol
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. B.B. King

#27 OFFLINE   Stu74

• Active Members
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Great guitar playing Eddie.
One day i hope i can record something as good as that.

#28 OFFLINE   Todd Zielinski

• Active Members

• 369 posts
  • Joined 22-January 07

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

I think you might be able to get a clearer recording by 1) turning off all the computers in the office except the one that you are recording on, 2) experiment by mic a few different ways. Record 3 channels simultaneously - 1 on the fret board between the 12th & 15th frets, 1 on out in front of the sound hole, and one up above the guitar. (If you were playing an acoustic with that you could plug into a DI I would say add that 4th one just for kicks.) Then play around with mixing the levels together. Each will have a slightly different tone and character, and you'll be able to get the volume without getting some of the noise. A good compressor that helps you boost volume on your good mics without noise is always helpful. I really like my Focusrite for that. :winkthumb:
Life is good - live it well

Rev TNT

#29 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,027 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Starsailor,
Thank you for the support.

Mickey,
I understand and its alright I assure you.

Stu,
Thank you for listening and the comment.

#30 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,027 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

Todd,
I am trying some of that now. I am so puzzled by what others hear. I do admit I am using head phones for the sound monitors even though I have great speakers for that purpose.
Although I hear other players through the same headphones, I cant seem to get the right sound out of what I am trying to record. I got great mics but not consistent with the results.
I plugged the Taylor in yesterday and I thought it sounded too electric for instance.

#31 OFFLINE   Chelle E.

• Active Members

• 302 posts
  • Joined 14-September 08

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

Very nice version eddie.

#32 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,027 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

Chelle,
Thank you for stopping in an having a listen and leaving a comment.

eddie

#33 OFFLINE   lorsban

• Active Members
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 05-August 08

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Very nice.

I like the sound of the guitar. Very clean and pure.

Overall, it's like a mix of classical and country/folk.

The guitar just by itself could stand alone, I think it's that good.

#34 OFFLINE   Jomi

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 1,794 posts
  • Joined 23-March 07

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

You know how much I love acoustic guitars, no amplifier, just beautiful vibrating air!
This is a lovely version Eddie done with your signature professionalism.
I recently heard a local lady called Judy Dinning singing this, she does a terrific job.

You suffer from 'red light syndrome' for me it's 'last verse syndrome' :rolleyes:
When all else fails, read the instructions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users