guitarissts

need suggestion

I ve been playing chelsea grin, and they use 7 strings a lot. I dont want to spend the money on one, but keep breaking strings in drop A tuning. ( i keep tuning them back to standard) will it hurt to put 7 string guitar strings on my 6 and leave out the high e? :shifty:

No not at all. You'll need to have your nut filed to accommodate the thicker strings tho have have it set up to drop tuning.Just remember tho that if you ever go back to a smaller gauge you might need a new nut. Im going to have the same done soon as im playing in drop C alot on my 6 but keeping my 7 tuned to standard.

This is interesting. I just got a seven string and my first impression is that that low B string (or A if you want it even lower) is way down in the bass register. It's kind of cool for a walking bass lines or if you are playing something that needs the bass part, but at this point (and I've only had it a few days) I think I'd have gone with a six string if I could do it over.

This is interesting. I just got a seven string and my first impression is that that low B string (or A if you want it even lower) is way down in the bass register. It's kind of cool for a walking bass lines or if you are playing something that needs the bass part, but at this point (and I've only had it a few days) I think I'd have gone with a six string if I could do it over.

Doug,

Sounds like your not sure about the (7). Or is it too early to tell.

Stick with it Doug i keep having on and off days with my 7. Its just one of those things really. i love it dont get me wrong but then there's those days were i don't get on with it at all.