starsailor

Been offered a line 6 Variax 600, any opinions?

A friend's offered to sell me his line 6 Variax 600 guitar for £300 including a Roland Cube 30X Amp, case, leads and pedal, he's even said I can pay in installments and I can try before I buy, just wondered what you guys thought of them, they're sort of a cross between a computer and a guitar this one's white. Any opinions good or bad are welcome, here's a picture of one and a video of one in action played using a Pod X3 :yes:

http://www.dv247.com...ge-white--28754

Cheers

Chris

Starsailor,

Take the seller up on trying it out first before buying it. Run it through its paces and see if it is something you really want. I have a combo modeling amp and I can't tell you all the sounds that can come out of it, but I find myself just using one or two of them. I purchased a Roland GR-33 Guitar Synthesizer a little while back. You can make a guitar sound like anything from a theater organ to a saxophone. You name it and it will probably do it. After a while I got bored with it and it sits up on a shelf.

You might ask why is he selling it. Either way, I am sure you will happy with your choice. It is amazing at what it can do.

Mike

Thanks for having a look at this Eddie and Mike, my friend said he'll get all the gear out and I can go round and try it out, and if I like it I can take it away, he gave up playing about a year ago, I told him to take it up again but he's lost interest which is a shame really, he could definitely sell it for more but he thought I might like it as he knows I've been looking for an electric guitar, can't say I'm that good on electric I'm a strummer and occasional picker but I think this may inspire me to get my act together a bit, like the sound of that Roland synthesizer Mike, I had a casio one, (nowhere near as good as the Roland) that I messed about with but had to sell it when I moved as there's barely enough room for my guitars as it is, I'll have to sell a couple of them to make way for this one.

Thanks again

All The Best

Chris

I'm the owner of this now, got it last week, still figuring it out but it's a nice guitar, has a beautiful neck on it and it's easy to fret, funny having one with no pickups on display, got a few extras with it and the Roland 30 watt cube Amp which is a bit of an animal, even on low it's quite loud :)

that looks like a great setup and sounds exellent on that video i had a Roland cube 30 watt a few years ago its a real nice amp.

ENJOY your new toys Chris.

Thanks Mickey and Eddie, I've played it a few times, it sounds pretty good, the amp's awesome, I had a cheap stratocaster a few years back but it wasn't up to much. wasn't worth spending money on it to get a set up etc. done so I gave it to my Daughter's boyfriend, this one's in a different league, it's comfortable to play, really pleased to have it :)

Cheers

Chris

Well done Chris! Just by chance I came across a couple of Variax demo videos today and it looks and sounds as if it's a great guitar.

Thanks Mike, Carol and allthumbs, I'm enjoying it, messing around with scales on it at the moment, it's taken me away from strumming for a while which is good, going to see what it sounds like recorded next :)