- - - - -

it's short but just an idea

11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hearinvoices

• Active Members
  • 754 posts
  • Joined 07-January 10

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

Ok so I'm determined i'm gonna try to write a song singing and playing and all. (even tho i don't have the voice for it) I have this idea started and was curious to see if ya'll thought it might be worth a shot at finishing it. I know it's not in time exactly and the singing could be better but its just an idea right now. It's simple as far as the guitar goes but it's all I got. Still trying to figure out how to put the chords and singing together. I actually came up with the melody on the guitar and started just singing some words over it to see what it would sound like. I was plucking the same notes as I was trying to sing it. Then I came up with the simple little chords to go over it. Then I cut out some of the plucking but left a little. If any of that makes sense. I guess I'm just saying this is a rookie start :unsure:
Sometimes I sit and think and sometimes I just sit . Mostly I just sit ..... I think

#2 OFFLINE   hearinvoices

• Active Members
  • 754 posts
  • Joined 07-January 10

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

hmmm the file didn't load I guess so here it is ....... It starts about 8 secs in. It sounds like crap on my laptop speakers but its a little fuller with headphones on.

Attached Files

Sometimes I sit and think and sometimes I just sit . Mostly I just sit ..... I think

#3 OFFLINE   micky mac

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 665 posts
  • Joined 08-October 07

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

hi johnny first of i don't know to much about music, but for me the words are good and you sound like you can sing, for me you should add a guitar with alot of growl to it and scream the lyrics nirvana style. :punk: but thats only opinun [i know i can't spell] and i can't even post a cover song lol :escape:
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. B.B. King

#4 OFFLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,002 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

I think it makes for a good intro. I think you should start a drum track at this ending point to introduce the groove your looking for.
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#5 OFFLINE   starsailor

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 6,874 posts
  • Joined 03-February 07

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:33 AM

Good intro Johnny, keep going with it, this will make up into a good song :yes:
You don't stop laughing when you grow old; you grow old when you stop laughing.

#6 ONLINE   mset3

• Members
  • 1,327 posts
  • Joined 27-June 11

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Johnny,

You're off to a good start. Keep going!

Mike

#7 OFFLINE   carol m

Songwriting Moderator

• Moderators

• 7,249 posts
  • Joined 21-March 06

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:29 AM

Yes great start - you could add a guitar strum rhythm track to fill out the rhythm with what you already have over the top. Don't give up on us now... :punk:
One good thing about music is that when it hits you, you feel no pain - Bob Marley

#8 OFFLINE   randy d

• Active Members
  • 211 posts
  • Joined 10-August 10

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

'please don't let me fail you now' very cool line - you could build quite a "love story" out of just this one line - stick with it - I think you have the "hook" here
for the start of a good song

#9 OFFLINE   hearinvoices

• Active Members
  • 754 posts
  • Joined 07-January 10

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Thank you all for the comments ! I'm still working at coming up with something. Slow proccess tho ! Been working a lot so time is limited. I'm gonna try to not give up on it tho.

johnny

#10 OFFLINE   windsong

Grand Member

• Active Members
  • 1,699 posts
  • Joined 29-October 07

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

I thought it was a good start. Your voice is nice. Keep going.

#11 OFFLINE   hearinvoices

• Active Members
  • 754 posts
  • Joined 07-January 10

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

okay so I've tried to come up with a little guitar part after the intro. i took some old ideas i've had and combined them with a few new and this is what I came up with for after the intro. Don't know if it really works and still can't figure out how the singing part would be over the guitar but it's all I have for now lol. there are some bum notes and i seem to pick up the pace a little too much as i go but i just did a one take and added it to the intro part to see what it would sound like. Let me know what ya'll think ... be as critical as you want cuz i still really not sure what i'm doing so you wont hurt my feelings.

Johnny

Attached Files

#12 OFFLINE   johnmark798

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 28-April 12

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Thanks you....
sassas

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users