Guitar lessons

Guitar lessons on youtube

3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Alvomania

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 29-January 12

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'm making guitar tutorials on youtube and wondering what u guys think? what songs should i put up next?

#2 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,018 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

Good job,
What will be important will be the vocal presentation for a clear understanding. Perfect for the left handed guitar players. Good luck to you and hope for a lot of subscribers on your tube site.
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#3 OFFLINE   karcey

• Active Members

• 1,329 posts
  • Joined 02-January 06

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:49 AM

Your choice of songs could possibly be determined by the audience you're aiming your lessons at.

If you want to get beginners trying your songs, then make sure they're not too long or too complex. If you're not aiming at beginners then I'm not sure that advanced players need this kind of detailed lesson. I may be wrong.
My suggestion is to make a few videos that are easy and quick for you to do, simple tunes that are easy to learn and remember. That should appeal to a wide range of players who will enjoy initial success and come back to see what else you can teach.
"The music matters more than the instrument on which we play it." Jason W. Solomon

#4 OFFLINE   RolandC

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 04-November 11

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

Not a bad attempt, but IMHO it needs work.

I agree with Karcey--I'm not sure to which audience you are trying to pitch this. For example, you start out saying that you put a capo on the 2nd fret, but then say it's unnecessary without explaining why. A beginner will have no idea what you are talking about, and someone advanced enough to know what you are talking about would be able to play this from tabs and wouldn't be terribly interested in your lesson anyway.

As another example, you say this at about 1:10

You can finish the song however you want. It doesn't really matter.

Really? So the poor noob who got really excited because he always wanted to learn that song has now been told that he is not going to be shown how to end it properly? At this point, if I were a beginner on youtube, I would bail out of your video and search for a better organized and more complete lesson.

I also agree with Karcey that you might also want to think about a simpler song as your first tutorial--it will be much easier to organize and be sure you are hitting all of the key points.

JMHO

Good luck!
With apologies to the Bard:

"The fault lies not in our [guitars] Horatio, but in ourselves."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users