Amon Amarth

6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JessThrasher

Grand Member

• Active Members
  • 1,538 posts
  • Joined 23-February 07

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

This is the song I am planning on learning next, Gods of War Arise by Amon Amarth.

Does anyone know what tuning Amon typically uses? Because the Amon covers I've seen are in all different tunings from dropped D to B standard. Someone also said they use 7 strings in standard tuning, while I read in an interview with Johan Soderberg that they usually play as low as B or A standard.

The musician behind that particular cover I have posted said he played it in B.

A technical question here. I am currently using .11 - .52 strings (medium top heavy bottom) and they seem to be fine for dropped C (if you've seen my latest video). Would it be ok to go down to B standard? Or should I go a string guage up again?
"Remember to eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends." - Rusty Cooley
"You can't play an instrument for the technicality of it. It's a tool you use it to get what's in here and here [heart and mind] out there." - Marten Hagstrom, Meshuggah

#2 OFFLINE   JessThrasher

Grand Member

• Active Members
  • 1,538 posts
  • Joined 23-February 07

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:43 AM

Nevermind, I found out it's B standard. Most of the covers are played in B standard too.
"Remember to eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends." - Rusty Cooley
"You can't play an instrument for the technicality of it. It's a tool you use it to get what's in here and here [heart and mind] out there." - Marten Hagstrom, Meshuggah

#3 OFFLINE   micky mac

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 667 posts
  • Joined 08-October 07

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:49 AM

jess you have real girly taste in music :scared:
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. B.B. King

#4 OFFLINE   Stu74

• Active Members
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

I cant imagine your bedroom is decorated pink with little love hart cushions etc Jess.
In the early 90s i thought my taste in music was quite heavy GNR,Nirvana,Faith no more,Pearl jam,Soungarden etc
Then i met my wife and then i found out i might as well be listening to Cliff Richard.The stuff she would put on in the car used to nearly blow up my speakers.

#5 OFFLINE   Stu74

• Active Members
  • 418 posts
  • Joined 24-March 11

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:05 AM

By the way sorry Jess i cant answer your question.

#6 OFFLINE   JessThrasher

Grand Member

• Active Members
  • 1,538 posts
  • Joined 23-February 07

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

No problem, I've already found out. :rockon:

#7 OFFLINE   Doug

Grand Member

• Active Members

• 1,892 posts
  • Joined 14-November 05

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

Hmm, I was thinking he tuned in open Amon-er
:rockon:
"we don't see things as they are, we see things as we are" - Anais Nin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users