micky mac

American woman Led Zep

micky mac    14

hi folks i've been listening this for a few days now and want to learn it only ultimate guitar don't do led zeppelin tabs or chords anymore does anyone have or know where to get hold of them or a guitar pro file? what a cool song put on the head phones and max the volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi2N3D4CYLs&list=FLn0Ovw1GcRiU1gzXinZ8lZg&index=1&feature=plpp_video

si16    10

You're right, that's a great tune, haven't heard it in a number of years. It's not by Zep though it's by the Guess Who. Search the tab sites for that and you'll probably find it.

micky mac    14

Here's what I found unless you cant' get them. If not, I can send you a copy.

http://tabs.ultimate...n_woman_tab.htm

Well it looks as though they may not be the original tabs as The Zep played it.

hi eddie i can't get any zepp or eric clapton tabs it says This tablature has been made unavailable in your country at the request

of the rights owner. If you could send it to me eddie that would be great.

micky mac    14

You're right, that's a great tune, haven't heard it in a number of years. It's not by Zep though it's by the Guess Who. Search the tab sites for that and you'll probably find it.

aye its a class song i always liked it but i never heard Led Zeppelin do it before and i love robert plant's voice it gives it an extra edge for me. i'll have a look for the guess who version if i cant get the zeppelin one thanks for the info.

aye its a class song i always liked it but i never heard Led Zeppelin do it before and i love robert plant's voice it gives it an extra edge for me. i'll have a look for the guess who version if i cant get the zeppelin one thanks for the info.

I think you're listening to The Guess Who's version. I'm thinkin' Plant's voice would probly do this song justice, bro, but that ain't Plant. Don't even sound like Plant to me. I see they got Zep's pic on the tune, but I'd be betting that's Burton singin' and the band is The Guess Who.

As for playin' it, I know the strumming pattern to it...not sure it's the original key, but I do it in E 'cause it fits my vocal range. I start off with the slow lyrics with E and A7

The rest of it I do in E, G, and A. Same rhythm all the way through, and you can figure it out just by listening to the tune. The G and A changes are quick and they switch around in sequence...it's takes some practice but it's a cool pattern once ya get onto it.. The lead work, for me, would be improv, but influenced by the original.

Andy S    9

Definitely The Guess Who, out of Canada.

From the late '60s through the mid-70s with several hit singles, including this one, "American Woman", and "These Eyes ". The vocalist was Burton Cummings and also included Randy Bachman of Bachman-Turner Overdrive.

AS for the tab....I doubt if you would find it under Led Zeppelin since they never did it.

Stu74    35

It is definately The Guess Whos version.I dont know why someone put a picture of Led Zepplin with it.

I have heard Lenny Kravitz version(not fussed on that) I just checked my Led Zep Lps and its not on any of them.Maybe they did do a version but i havnt heard it.The song would be perfect for Robert Plants voice.

Good song though Micky good luck getting hold of the Tab.

micky mac    14

thanks for all the replys folks, i would have bet my house that was plant singing good job i'm not a gambler lol how stupid do i feel :blush: i got the right version by the guess who now i just have to learn it does'nt seem to hard but the solo is a tricky one for me lots of little half and quarter bends will take a bit of work.