• Allman Brothers Band
    • The Police
    • Aerosmith
    • Jefferson Airplane
    • Guns N Roses
    • Van Halen
    • Metallica
    • U2

I feel that sometimes some genre's of music are left on the back burner. I reckon there are a lot band's that deserve a lot more recognition than they get. I think this poll is about what band's obviously spring to mind. I reckon a lot of people on the site feel the same, However I think that another alternative poll would still be as well recieved as is this one.

When I created this poll, I listed bands according to what bands/artists I thought have had the greatest impact on a wide range of people.

I too like jazz, some classical, folk, etc but I figured I would stick to the one genre of music.

As Clancy has said already, anyone is more than welcome to start up another poll to encourage members to vote according to what has been listed etc.

When I first did this poll, it was done with the best of intentions and with no alternative motives to offend.

If I thought for one minute that this poll was going to offend some members, I would never have done it.

When I created this poll, I listed bands according to what bands/artists I thought have had the greatest impact on a wide range of people.

I too like jazz, some classical, folk, etc but I figured I would stick to the one genre of music.

As Clancy has said already, anyone is more than welcome to start up another poll to encourage members to vote according to what has been listed etc.

When I first did this poll, it was done with the best of intentions and with no alternative motives to offend.

If I thought for one minute that this poll was going to offend some members, I would never have done it.

Hey, I didn't intend to rub you up the wrong way Neil, it's a damn good poll, and to say any different would be wrong. I know exactly where your coming from. all the band's that are in the poll are what most people will relate to, and most of them can cover most genre's of music. Nearly all the band's there have a big influence on my playing, and I love most of there music. Like you I am a big Pink Floyd fan. I was relating to Lori, that sometimes some great artist's are appreciated by people of a certain age and style. I apologize if I have made you feel you like you have upset people. You have alway's started damn good threads, and are a good member of this site, and I respect you. Keep it up Neil.:oops:

Hey, I didn't intend to rub you up the wrong way Neil, it's a damn good poll, and to say any different would be wrong. I know exactly where your coming from. all the band's that are in the poll are what most people will relate to, and most of them can cover most genre's of music. Nearly all the band's there have a big influence on my playing, and I love most of there music. Like you I am a big Pink Floyd fan. I was relating to Lori, that sometimes some great artist's are appreciated by people of a certain age and style. I apologize if I have made you feel you like you have upset people. You have alway's started damn good threads, and are a good member of this site, and I respect you. Keep it up Neil.:oops:

Don't worry Doug, you haven't said anything to rub me up the wrong way. :no: If I didn't list certain artists from other genres, then I apologise to all those members who are puzzled as to why their favourite bands/artists are excluded. But as you say Doug, I included those that came to my mind that I felt most people would relate to.

Thanks for the encouragement Doug!:winkthumb:

A lot of the music I listen to falls a bit under the radar of the main stream. From the list, I'd have to go with the Allman Brothers.

Great to see The Band on the list...would have been nice to have seen Little Feat on there as I think they were one of the best, albeit somewhat un-recognized (to my amazement), bands of all time.

A lot of the music I listen to falls a bit under the radar of the main stream. From the list, I'd have to go with the Allman Brothers.

Great to see The Band on the list...would have been nice to have seen Little Feat on there as I think they were one of the best, albeit somewhat un-recognized (to my amazement), bands of all time.

This reply from you Ed does not surprize me at all old buddy. You can't forget the great "Lowell George". Nice one Ed.:winkthumb:

Guest BuddyManx

Its so hard to play favorites but I'd have to go for Led Zeppelin - between their blues and acoustic material, plus their stage presence there's a lot to like. Pink Floyd and The Beatles are real close behind though,not to mention Neil Young and Crazy Horse.

So many choices!!!!! The Eagles, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Queen, Guns 'n' Roses...... But I choose Rolling Stones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going with you on the "Rolling Stones". I can't think of one RS track I don't like.:smilinguitar::winkthumb:

Led Zepplin, are good but I have never listened to a full album. Now some of the unsung hero's are damn good, such as Walter Trout and the Radicals, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Joe Bonnamassa, Gwynn Ashton, Steve Cropper, Too slim and the Taildraggers( courtesy of my friend wayslow) to mention but a few.:thumbup1:

Now I can listen to them over and over again.

If I had to go with the bands I've seen live, for pure entertainment I would pick Queen(Freddie was untouchable for entertainment) then Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Rolling Stones. For pure musical skill I would pick The Eagles. The most dissapointing person I've seen live is Elton John, He played ballads all night and was slated by the press. For show content ie lighting and wow what next, it's got to be Pink Floyd.

Out of those, it would be Metallica. I'm a die hard fan. I've got a kirk hammet action figure.

At the moment, its either Shadows Fall, In Flames, or Opeth.

No dragonforce for me!I've outgrown it despite my username!

Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp? Floyd or Zepp?

I tossed a coin.

After all these years I still remember exactly where I was when I first heard "Dark Side of the Moon". I was in my car 5 blocks from the U. of W. in Seattle heading back. 35 years later I still listen to them at least twice a week. So please accept a vote for Pink Floyd from another old fart who just loves their music.