• Allman Brothers Band
    • The Police
    • Aerosmith
    • Jefferson Airplane
    • Guns N Roses
    • Van Halen
    • Metallica
    • U2

There are way too many bands and kinds of music that I like to pick just one. Right now I have taken a turn back to listening to The Beatles a lot; especially earlier stuff. My favaorite new release is The Blasters "4-11-44". But over the years, the one band that continues to intrigue me, influence me and creep into my head a lot of the time and whose music I am trying to learn on guitar is Fleetwood Mac; but only prior to 1974. I lost interest when Buckingham and Nicks joined but still play music prior to that much of the time. Especially in their very early years when they were pretty much a blues band they were untouchable.

Agree Stubbie, I thoroughly enjoy the videos I have of Fleetwood Mac doing Oh Well ('69) and Albatross ('69), awesome guitar teamwork.

Changing tack a bit, I believe a good drummer maketh the band and my alltime favourite drummer would have to be Creams, Ginger Baker. He has the perfect backing for any guitarist.

Reckon Eric Clapton and Jack Bruce were privileged to have the masterful Ginger Baker setting the foundation for their classics in his brilliant, unique style. (just my opinion mind ya)

I was just listening to the Best of Cream CD last night, and I definitely have to back up the comments on Ginger Baker- especially for his playing on "Born Under a Bad Sign".

Personally, my favorite is The Beatles, closely followed by Huey Lewis and the News.

I have taken into account that some members are younger and may go for the bands that were or are big in their time

Dont think all us youngins listen to new music im 17 and to be honest i dislike most new music i dont think there has beeb that many bands within the last 20 years that have really rocked my socks. But i do enjoy mainly 60s 70s rock.

Dont think all us youngins listen to new music im 17 and to be honest i dislike most new music i dont think there has beeb that many bands within the last 20 years that have really rocked my socks. But i do enjoy mainly 60s 70s rock.

I agree that the music of today sometimes doesn't seem to shine like it used to. I listen to the classic bands like The Kinks, The Who and Hendrix. But at the same time have great admiration towards newer bands such as Nickelback, Oasis and RHCP.

My favourite band of all time have to be 3 Doors Down, I could easily have chosen a much better band but I like to favour them as their style of music fits my taste so well. Kryptonite being one such song.

I wonder if anyone even knows of these guys?

This poll needs an "All of them, suckas, I'm Mr.T!" option.

Led Zep.. just because. Also, kudos to all the Dream Theater fans in this thread.

So true Moonshine - nothing new under the sun. Chuck Berry, Elvis, Big Joe Turner and so many others came before and made their mark for sure.

Yep, I was born in '55 and grew up listening and enjoying stuff that was around before I was even thought of. Buddy Holly, Elvis of course, Chuck, Everly Bros, Fats Domino, Nat King Cole, and so many more going much further back to the roots of the Blues, like Muddy Waters etc..

Seems strange that my eldest sons don't want to know about anything that happened pre HipHop or RAP???.....its like they're determined to kill off anything Rock 'n' Roll, Metal, Popular whatever....anything with something they know nothing about, skill and talent.

Meanwhile I'll keep playing them golden oldies and emptying the house regardless, hehehehe!!!

toolpic.jpg

I noticed all the choices were classic rock. How about alternative rock? Something now.....If you have never heard the music from TOOL, I suggest you do give them a listen. Very complex musical arrangements. One thing about the band is they really are into not promoting themselves. They encourage you to listen to the music and let the music speak to you. They loathe self promotion as members of a band. In concert they are known to be singing or playing behind the stage. They refuse the spotlight so to speak. They are all about the music.

Guest johnny64
toolpic.jpg

I noticed all the choices were classic rock. How about alternative rock? Something now.....If you have never heard the music from TOOL, I suggest you do give them a listen. Very complex musical arrangements. One thing about the band is they really are into not promoting themselves. They encourage you to listen to the music and let the music speak to you. They loathe self promotion as members of a band. In concert they are known to be singing or playing behind the stage. They refuse the spotlight so to speak. They are all about the music.

yes Tool is a great band with they're own idea, but it all just sounds repetitious after a while. peace and rock on my friend

Guest johnny64

Led Zeppelin for my classic rock pick, and Megadeth for my thrash/metal pick.