• Jefferson Airplane
    • Guns N Roses
    • Van Halen
    • Metallica
    • U2

Nem    0

uhh i dunno who to pick

metallica did so much for metal back in the 80s

but then we have the beatles and pink floyd both of which are big influences on me, so i dunno :(

sale    0

I picked Rolling Stones, because they have amazing sound and great songs.

I couldn't decide which chose.

At first I wanted to chose Led Zeppelin, The Beatles or Pink Floyd

Jimmy's Page playing of guitar is amazing.Also Led Zeppelin have great solos

Beatles are the most creative and have the greatest song of all the time

Pink Floyd has started new era of Rock and Roll with their psychodelic songs.

So that are my favorite bands, I explained why.

But I had to chose one of these

Sale

Man i dig all of em i think they each broke into something different but what about the ramones?They changed the music scene for punk and rock in a way none of those have.My personal fav is social distortion mike ness rips that gibson up..plahh sorry for the double post couldnt delete one

fly135    5

Given a list to choose from Pink Floyd was easily my fav. Although the Beatles were clearly the most prolific and talented, they never really spoke to me that much.

It would really be hard for me to give an answer to this question w/o the list. Although I would say in recent times Cracker is a favorite. I'm a fan of all their albums (yes, even CDs are albums), but the team up with the bluegrass group "Leftover Salmon" on the "Cracker, Oh where art thou" album is my fav release of theirs.

8LU3    0

in flames, wheres in flames.....

you should have an "other" button

then again in flames is real late 80s and 90s, theyre still goin though!!

madman360    0

i listen to too many music genres of music to have a favourite band but i guess i listen to a lot of papa roach and i love the "gasoline" song from kicking harold

Smurf42    0

Sabbath up until Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Rush and Acoustic Alchemy are what have been playing around here up until about 2 months ago. Then I found a site called The Free Music Group, and especially the Free Solo Guitar one. I have grabbed every one of the tunes from there (4 CD's worth when converted to waves) and I will say this.....

Besides listening to some great music, it has shown me that I have a lot to learn! Next up are the piano ones.....:thumbup1:

coldethyl    0

Oh well, I guess it's time for one of those classic cliche sayings that goes like this.......

"YOU CAN PLEASE SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME, BUT NOT ALL THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME"

coldethyl    0
Was putting Pink Floyd in italics some sort of subliminal message?

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe that the band that is in italics is the one that you personally have selected.

Just like for me, I selected The Beatles, and it is in italics but the rest are normal.

Hope that solves the mystery!:)

coldethyl    0
what about other bands like judas priest,jimi hendrix etc

I too like Jimi Hendrix and Judas Priest. Actually I left some bands/artists that I particularly like off the list as well.

Reason: It's impossible to categorize and list every band that people would vote for. Because SOMEBODY will always be left out. It's inevitable!!

I'm sorry if my poll is not good enough for you.:crying2:

I don't really understand how you could have left out Deep Purple in favor of a few others there though. :P

Anyways, I love all kinds of music and it goes in periods. Right now it is very much metallica, slipknot, eagles, bach and judas priest.

Though I think I may say that Judas Priest is my #1 band, because they don't go in periods for me, they're always there, same goes for the Eagles. ^^

Led Zeppelin is a lovely band as well, Jimmy Page is my source of inspiration. :)

MoonShine    0

I agree Neil, when first sighting this thread thought, sheesh!, there must be 50 or more bands that I can think of, but most of them have a unique style if not genre?

For example The Beatles, when they were around in the 60's, it was also refreshing and a privelege to hear many other brilliant entertainers supplying us with a smorgasboard of various styles.

I could listen to Zepps for a while, but then in another mood would switch to CCR perhaps, or CSNY, Buddy Holly....and then crank up some Eric Burdon & the Animals on another day.

Enjoyed the supergroups of the era such as Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones etc., but never got bogged down with one of em, never figured it was a competition lol.

But deep down the foundation of their music was of course, The Blues, and thats where I'm looking back to now after all these years, of being spoilt with a huge choice of magnificent talent, and what a blast its been.