• Allman Brothers Band
    • The Police
    • Aerosmith
    • Jefferson Airplane
    • Guns N Roses
    • Van Halen
    • Metallica
    • U2

Taking into consideration the diversity of age and musical taste, I am curious to know what bands over the last 40 years are your particular favorites.

I have taken into account that some members are younger and may go for the bands that were or are big in their time, and I've also accounted for those of us in the older age bracket (like myself) who prefer some of the bands from the 60's and 70's.

Please forgive me if I left out a certain band that you like but isn't in the poll. I tried to cover bands that have really impacted on the music industry in the last 40 years. To cover everyone would have taken around 50 choices instead of 20.

So please nominate who you particularly like as a band!:thumbup1:

Neil

I picked U2 but not fair as I could have picked a few more :isaynothing:

Mick

Well you could have knocked me over with a feather YouToo. I would never have guessed that you would have selected the band that you did.:lol:

Neil

I picked the Eagles, for sheer versatility... They could rock your socks off one minute,

and melt your butter the next, with some of the sweetest songs you ever heard...!!!

If I had two choices, I would have also picked Led Zep... For basically the same reasons...!!!

Cheers

Ben

My favorite is JIMI HENDRIX no one is better than he is. My favorite band is ZZ TOP! there are so many choices to pick from I like to listen tok pink floyd, black sabbath and led zepplin and then eagles.

I can sit and listen, to most any band on the list, and own CDs' from the majority of them.

I have to say though, the discs that spend more time in my car and home stereo, would have to be the Floyd.

Hell, my three teenage children even love Pink Floyd!

...everything under the sun is in tune, and the sun is eclipsed by the moo-oon

I have too many favorite bands. Second from the top is Johnny Winter And, but the single most influential band was the headliner at my first real rock 'n roll concert at Seton Hall - Ten Years After. I was hooked when Alvin Lee and company blew the doors off the auditorium with "I'm Going Home", and the Woodstock version of the same song still plays over and over in my mind. Vision of a watermelon rolling up on the stage. Can't get rid of it. Don't want to either.

Yup this was a tough one as I could easily pick at least three or four. I went Beatles

tho as they influences A LOT of people. They experimented with so many things

and usually turned out golden. Zep and Floyd are up there in my book too. However,

what a pleasant surprise The Eagles tied with Beatles. Interesting. I should mention

that ZZTop should have been a choice as well. They helped bring the blues back

into the mainstream.

Queen, specially for Brian's guitar playing, Freddies voice, Roger Taylor's Drums, John Deacon on the Bass and their complete musical magic as a band... I really think it was a kind of Magic.

It's a shame The Allman Brothers Band got so few votes. Duane Allman was one of the best blues slide guitarists ever (behind Johnny Winter...that is). Listen to Statesboro blues from the Fillmore album and see if you don't agree.

I grew up with the Beatles and still love thier music. My daugher listens to them, and

even my 2 year old grand daughter can sing some Beatles. But some of my favorite to

listen to these days are Rory Gallagher and some local blues like NRBQ and The Nighthawks.

Oh, so hard to choose but one! I think it would be Dream Theater but, for understandable reasons, it's not on the list. I like most of the others as well, but I guess I have to tie between The Eagles and Guns N' Roses. I eventually picked The Eagles... Versatility, great sound, catchy songs, GREAT BAND :)

I went with the Beatles because it was their music that got me into music in the first place - and kept me there long enough to be hooked! :)

Jim

I refuse to participate in a band poll at a guitar forum that doesn't include King's X.

-Gary.

You just did!! :yeahhh:

Jim

I refuse to participate in a band poll at a guitar forum that doesn't include King's X.

-Gary.

KingX rocks. Too bad they have such a small fan base. They are hurting.