Stu74

Amp for electro accoustic

I have been thinking about getting an electro accoustic guitar sometime in the near future.It would be great just to have a little bit more volume when playing outside.This summer when we have friends round for a drink and barbeque etc it would be good to have a singalong.

My question is can any electric guitar amp be used for electro accoustics or does it have to have a special feature?

You can use any amp, but acoustic guitar amps are usually designed with a horn tweeter along with the main dual range main speaker, plus many add phantim power and a separate channel for a mike/vocals. I use my Roland Cube 20X for my A/E in similar settings as you mention, on the JC Clear(most often) or the Acoustic setting on the modeling side.

I have got a roland micro cube amp that i have just rememberd has got an accoustic setting.I have never used that setting but that would make sense thats what its for.Doh

Not really, it's meant to give an electric a more acoustic sound, but you should be good with that or the clean. An inexpensive EQ pedal like the Behringer($23) might give you a little more control over tone, too.

The micro cube will pretty much sound great with anything. I've had mine for years and plenty of different guitars have gone through it. The clean will sound good but some of the distorted overdriven sounds work well too. Have fun.

Thanks guys for the info.

Atleast i know now i wont have to fork out for another amp strait away.

what do you mean stu i always need a new amp the day after buying one lol.

GDB when you say Eq pedal is that a pedal that has a graphic equaliser? Sorry i am a total newb.

Exactly correct. Very often an inexpensive solution to achieving a more pleasing tone from your current equipment. I play a lot of jazz and old standards, so an EQ, & floor tuner are my only pedals. I get the reverb and chorus I need from the amp.

Micky i am like that aswell with lots of things. Im always looking for the next toy to buy.

I want 2 more guitars this year an electro accoustic and a les paul type of guitar.Buying another amp at the same time might make my wife go crazy.

GDB i have found someone selling a behringer

Equaliser pedal cheapÓźē Im going to check it out over the weekend and if it works ok ill buy

It.

Well you can't please her all the time stu :isaynothing: lol, i got a second hand epi les paul standard a few months back and i love it, it sounds class i would highly recomend one to anyone and i have 2 behringer pedals a tuner and an overdrive pedal i only use the tuner pedal because im trying to use just the volume of my guitars to change my tones but i bring out the overdrive pedal every now and then and i know there cheap and might not be the best pedals you can buy but they do what there made for.

When i buy my les paul it will either be an epi or a vintage v100.I have found a a few places that stock epiphone les paul guitars and also they are often for sale on ebay 2nd hand.The good thing with them is they do hold there value so if in the future i was to sell it on i could get a good price for it.A lot of people do like the Epi.

The Vintage v100 guitar has amazing reviews but they are harder to find.I can buy one new on the internet but i really want to try it out and compare it with the epiphone before i decide.

As for pedals i dont mind if they are cheap and cheerful i dont need the best.I only play around in the house with my guitars anyway.

Stu74, if you go for the pedal, be aware that you'll need a 9 volt battery or a/c adaptor, and a second guitar cable. There is no on/off switch, but run by plugging in your guitar, and continue to draw power as long as you are plugged in. So remember to unplug when not playing. Let me know how you make out.

I havnt had a chance to go and check that pedal out yet.To busy over the weekend.

I will take a 9v battery with me incase he hasnt got one and also a spare cable.Cheers G T B