- - - - -

Improved my little ditty a little

13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hearinvoices

• Active Members
  • 754 posts
  • Joined 07-January 10

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

Okay I posted a recording of this little doodle or whatever you want to call it before and I have since improved it a little. I recorded two guitars..... one was my fender acoustic recorded with just my blue snowball mic and the other was my electric wilshire thru my mustang II plugged directly into reaper. It's still rough and still gonna change it around but wanted to see if ya'll think its got any potential for anything.

thanks,

Johnny

Attached Files

Sometimes I sit and think and sometimes I just sit . Mostly I just sit ..... I think

#2 OFFLINE   sheraton

• Active Members
  • 1,278 posts
  • Joined 22-August 09

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

Very Cool Johnny :)
love the vibe, and well played dude.........couple of wee moments, just off the beat, but right on it for the most part :)
can't believe how quick you're progressing, and i think it's great that you come up with your own stuff ;)
now to add a wee lead guitar part over these chords, can you do multitrack recording with reaper?....i'm guessing so as you have two guitars recorded seperately here...

keep it up :)

Paul................

#3 OFFLINE   hearinvoices

• Active Members
  • 754 posts
  • Joined 07-January 10

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:26 PM

Thanks Paul ..... I'm trying ..... doesnt feel like I'm progressing fast to me tho lol. It would be great if you wanted to try to put a little lead over it ... I have no idea where to even begin with that ! I'm gonna change it around a little when I have some more time, the part at the end is what i'm thinking for a chorus :dunno:

Johnny
Sometimes I sit and think and sometimes I just sit . Mostly I just sit ..... I think

#4 OFFLINE   sheraton

• Active Members
  • 1,278 posts
  • Joined 22-August 09

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

take it fae me, your playing is progressing real quick.........i've been playin forever and still feel that way.......remember it's a journey, there is no destination.......just more playing :smilinguitar:

i'll see what i can do with this track, for a wee bit lead guitar.....there are a couple of late chord changes, but i should be able to put a wee bit down, then you need to learn it by ear :yes: .......good practise, and it won't be anything flash

i can hear a song for sure here.............i had an idea that, when you play from the A chord, you do G to E, back into the main part in E...(i think that's right) i thought if you play the G to E part another 3 times, may give better timing coming back into the verse....if that makes sense to you?
i'm thinking in relation to a vocal part, it's like a space to start the verse again.........that's just how i can hear it....

Paul............

#5 OFFLINE   hearinvoices

• Active Members
  • 754 posts
  • Joined 07-January 10

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

Hmm not real sure i follow ..... i really dont play a g chord i play A and then on the low e string i play
3rd fret 2nd fret and open e string to E chord ... that make sense?

Johnny

#6 OFFLINE   sheraton

• Active Members
  • 1,278 posts
  • Joined 22-August 09

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

Aye Johnny, that 3rd fret on the E string is G............if i were playing this i'd have one guitar playing the chords there maybe, and the other playing the 3,2,0 on the E string ........just a thought

i had a wee play to see if i could get some lead down............to no avail, timing is a wee bit off the beat for me to get sync'd up
i think you come in a wee bit early at the start (on the wrong beat) and couple of chord changes on the wrong beat
hope this doesn't sound critical ;)

Paul...........

#7 OFFLINE   hearinvoices

• Active Members
  • 754 posts
  • Joined 07-January 10

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

Not at all .... i knew i was off but just trying to get the fingering down

Johnny

#8 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,019 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

Johnny,

I think your on the road to getting er done. Sounded pretty good. Hung in there for the most part with the rhythm, sound clean on the strumming and changes and I liked it. Guitar sounded very nice and clear. Looks like some lyrics and your off and running.
eddie

Johnny,
Can you email me the drum track ? or post it. Exactly what chords are you playing. I will stick it in my machine and find out.
Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#9 OFFLINE   micky mac

Newcomer

• Active Members
  • 671 posts
  • Joined 08-October 07

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

sounds good to my ears nice rythm but then again i can't play in time with myself :laughingg: hence i can't post much.
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. B.B. King

#10 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,019 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

Johnny,

Here ya go. This is what you played. Hope this helps in some way so you can review your work.

Attached Files

Nothin sweeter than the sound of music comin out of a 6 string box - EZ me Music / ASCAP "Music is a social act of communication, a gesture of friendship,the strongest there is"-Malcolm Arnold

#11 OFFLINE   sheraton

• Active Members
  • 1,278 posts
  • Joined 22-August 09

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

View Posthearinvoices, on 07 December 2011 - 03:14 PM, said:

Not at all .... i knew i was off but just trying to get the fingering down

Johnny

it's not that far off Johnny.........just hard for me to get in time with it to be able to give you anything useful

Paul...........

#12 OFFLINE   hearinvoices

• Active Members
  • 754 posts
  • Joined 07-January 10

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:18 PM

Eddie .... Thats pretty cool ...... how did you do that ?

Paul .... Yea I know I have to work on it to keep the beat. Not as easy for me tho but im gonna keep on trying :)

Johnny

#13 OFFLINE   hearinvoices

• Active Members
  • 754 posts
  • Joined 07-January 10

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

Oh and hey thanks for listening micky .

Johnny

#14 ONLINE   eddiez152

Prolific Member

• Active Members

• 10,019 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

View Posthearinvoices, on 09 December 2011 - 01:18 PM, said:

Eddie .... Thats pretty cool ...... how did you do that ?

Paul .... Yea I know I have to work on it to keep the beat. Not as easy for me tho but im gonna keep on trying :)

Johnny

Glad you liked that. I hope it allows to repeat the changes and or make modification. I have a couple programs that do this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users