paulg1630

my guitars

paulg1630    9

I bought my first guitar when i was 20.I think i was too shy and nervous to go to a music shop and i wasnt aware of any music shops where i lived.I bought a hohner from argos which is a catalogue shop it was the only guitar they had and cost me 25 pounds.I dont think it was a bad decision i even still have it now and play it occasionaly and i think it sounds ok.These days i have a hohner dk500,washburn d-10 and a tanglewood tw145sc which i play mostly because i prefer a cutaway style guitar more seems more comfortable to play than a dreadnaught.I have a 10 w amp and a zoom effects pedal but no fancy recording equipment i usually just use the sound recorder on my laptop unfortuneately i dont know any better yet.

eddiez152    129

paulg,

Try Reaper for recording, its free and Tekker has a lot of good advice and help using it. Others here also use Audacity, another free program to get you started in recording.

Nice start on the colledftion. Be carefull, it can get contagious.

carol m    64

Hey Paul! A Tanglewood 145sc! My fav guitar is a TW145asc but it's probably the same - cedar top, smaller than most, but it sounded sweet from the very first play - and really comfortable. Who knows what goes into making your fav guitar, but that one is mine. After I picked it up and played it first time, I knew.

They aren't very common, most people with Tanglewoods have a different model which is bigger and spruce top and more expensive - I have one of them too but it's been hanging on the wall from the day I first played the TW145 - no comparison for me.

paulg1630    9

ya i got the tanglewood for 120 quid off ebay there 350 brand new.its brand new also but there is damage on the back of it doesnt affect the sound tho i kind of overlooked it when i bought it and i checked the website and youtube before i bought it as i did with the other 2 guitars i have.which i also bought off ebay.i think ebay is pretty good my local guitar shop doesnt have a big selection.However i played some better sounding guitars when i was in the philipinnes for a fraction of the cost.I bought an electro acoustic there for 60 quid it was really nice and sounded great but i left it there for my girlfriends brother who plays but really couldnt afford his own guitar.But i will get my gf to bring one over to england

i just started learning to play not that long ago, but the more I learned, the more guitars I wanted.

I started with a Squier Strat. It was okay, for a first guitar, and it taught me a lot of things about care, setup, and maintenance. But, once again, the more I played, the more I wanted. Now, as a working musician (emphasis more on WORKING than MUSICIAN), I couldn't afford any of the pretty guitars or amps, so I played as much as could in the Wal-mart of the music world, Guitar Center. it was there that i bought my first REAL guitar, an Ibanez JEM Jr. But that one isn't my favorite....

My Favorite one is in my profile pic, an Ibanez ART300 Black Caiman. Oh, Medusa is just beastly, with her bad, bad self. I really wish Ibanez would resume production of this guitar. It was VERY AFFORDABLE (I got it for $160 used), and it's really good for beginners who want that metal sound to inspire them to keep playing.